Your help and reviews are required > Information and help please

No car is that a problem?

(1/6) > >>

missh:
 :) Hi all

I am  just wondering is the fact that we (my boyfriend and I ) have not hired a car due to the fact I am a baby of only 20 will there be enough things to do?  I do love lounging by the pool but likewise I do enjoy a good explore.  If you were choosing were would you choose as a top priority of somewere to visit?   
Thanks

stressed0506:
I would have thought that it will be fine.

If you want to get out and about there are lots of trips that you can take from San Stef travel. (at the T junction in the village) It really is up to you. I believe that most of us on here do a bit of wandering about but are mainly there for ss being so chilled and most of us have seen most of the island at some time.

I think that most people would suggest that you visit Corfu town ( possible by bus from ss travel  or independently) and there are also coach tours or boat trips that cover the island. There are lots of people who stay in the village and don't leave it at all for the fortnight. Many would suggest that you see Paelocastritsa which is a bit more touristy but very pretty with impressive views from th evillages above and also Kassiopi is quaint too with a nice harbour and more shops than in ss. There are lots of boat trips to different islands

Even though there are several more mature members in this forum there are young people in the village and some often get together to go into Sidari at night if that is more your thing! (I can hear the shudders of most of us from here!)

I always plan to do a great deal more than i ever do. Days just drift past and by the end of the holiday I am very aware i haven't done much at all!

Browse the site and look at the suggestions from everyone.

missh:
I know this sounds realy sad and my mates tease me for it but I point blank do not like doing all nighters.  I would rather go for a nice meal and have a chat.  I also work with people who are a lot older than me.  They youngest is the teacher in the next door class who is 30.   

don:

--- Quote from: stressed0506 on May 11, 2009, 09:12:49 PM ---I would have thought that it will be fine.

If you want to get out and about there are lots of trips that you can take from San Stef travel. (at the T junction in the village) It really is up to you. I believe that most of us on here do a bit of wandering about but are mainly there for ss being so chilled and most of us have seen most of the island at some time.

I think that most people would suggest that you visit Corfu town ( possible by bus from ss travel  or independently) and there are also coach tours or boat trips that cover the island. There are lots of people who stay in the village and don't leave it at all for the fortnight. Many would suggest that you see Paelocastritsa which is a bit more touristy but very pretty with impressive views from th evillages above and also Kassiopi is quaint too with a nice harbour and more shops than in ss. There are lots of boat trips to different islands

Even though there are several more mature members Cruising for a Bruising there LOL in this forum there are young people in the village and some often get together to go into Sidari at night if that is more your thing! (I can hear the shudders of most of us from here!)Put Central Heating On Then!

I always plan to do a great deal more than i ever do. Days just drift past and by the end of the holiday I am very aware i haven't done much at all!

Browse the site and look at the suggestions from everyone.
Yes ........... follow the majority.... Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow you may sleep it off!!!!

--- End quote ---

Jules:
Here is a Corfu bus timetable. Not sure how up to date it is but from my experience it has never changed.
http://www.allcorfu.com/ou-buses.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version