Your help and reviews are required > Information and help please

Off the Beaten Track

(1/3) > >>

Colin:
Hi Guys
I didn't know where to post this so I started a new one, We always hire a Jeep for 3 days when on holiday, we were last in Corfu (Arillas) 2 years ago, and we did all the Tourist stuff in just 2 days, can anyone suggest where to go that is 'something different', bare in mind that we have 16 and 4 year old boys on board, but they're pretty easy going and will go along with most things we suggest  :)

cheers!

Doh! my 16 year old will have turned 17 1 week before we arrive in San Stef!....Silly Me!  :-[

tonyco1:

--- Quote from: Colin on May 10, 2009, 10:49:31 PM ---Hi Guys
I didn't know where to post this so I started a new one, We always hire a Jeep for 3 days when on holiday, we were last in Corfu (Arillas) 2 years ago, and we did all the Tourist stuff in just 2 days, can anyone suggest where to go that is 'something different', bare in mind that we have 16 and 4 year old boys on board, but they're pretty easy going and will go along with most things we suggest  :)

cheers!

Doh! my 16 year old will have turned 17 1 week before we arrive in San Stef!....Silly Me!  :-[

--- End quote ---
I know you have done the tourist thing, but I love going to the road past St Georges Bay, (Prinillas), and heading up the Mount to the top.
The views on the way up are brill!! You can take them to the two cafe's overlooking Paleokastritsa and follow the road down, but then pick up the main road to Corfu town, turn off as if heading back to Sidari and follow signs for (Mount) Ano Korakiana.
There are some fantastic villages along those roads - real old corfu - narrow as hell but a sight to see, built into the mountain sides.
Check it out!!

Jules:

--- Quote from: tonyco1 on May 10, 2009, 11:27:41 PM ---

cheers!

--- End quote ---
I know you have done the tourist thing, but I love going to the road past St Georges Bay, (Prinillas), and heading up the Mount to the top.
The views on the way up are brill!! You can take them to the two cafe's overlooking Paleokastritsa and follow the road down, but then pick up the main road to Corfu town, turn off as if heading back to Sidari and follow signs for (Mount) Ano Korakiana.
There are some fantastic villages along those roads - real old corfu - narrow as hell but a sight to see, built into the mountain sides.
Check it out!!

--- End quote ---
Is that the same as Mount Pantokrator? Great views from up there and there is a monastery on top and not to far from some dissused village (can't remember its name)

tonyco1:

--- Quote from: JULES T on May 11, 2009, 12:20:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: tonyco1 on May 10, 2009, 11:27:41 PM ---

cheers!

--- End quote ---
Check it out!!

--- End quote ---
Is that the same as Mount Pantokrator? Great views from up there and there is a monastery on top and not to far from some dissused village (can't remember its name)

--- End quote ---
Yes - nice to hit the less used trails!!

Colin:
OK! Great Stuff! Will check them out  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version