Author Topic: Olga apartments  (Read 90803 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Olga apartments
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2009, 05:41:42 PM »
This year with all the extra's and return flight, Easyjet cost us about £143 each,
I then paid €220 per week for Theodosia Apts. plus the transfer by mini bus.
Worked out well but then because the Pound was so bad, our spending was about £3-400 more this time!
Bristol Boy, time will tell, but I cannot believe that Thompsons will NOT do a sale this year.
It's a company wide offer on world wide holidays and is the core part of their Marketing Strategy.
Agreed that they may well manipulate prices up a touch, before the sale, but you will get it cheaper, or they will lose sales overall.
At this time of the year 2010 European sales are always really slow, so the strategy is to hike up the prices now then drop them on special 4-day weekend sales.
All the other big operators tend to do the same! Right now it's almost as cheap to go to some long haul destinations! (Goa for example).
The big problem is the Government Air Travel Tax, which has hit us all - - - -Thanks Gordon!!!

I have some shares in T U I (amongst others) and help to run our shares club at work.
We always read their company reports, (available on the internet) -
in fact I have followed various companies Marketing Strategies since doing my Thesis in Uni!!
It can give you an insight to making a few bob on the shares - here is a good site to check out Thompsons! (TUI).
http://econsultancy.com/press-releases/4644-redweb-search-appointed-for-tui-travel-brands
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2009, 09:14:54 PM »
Tony, you may or may not have gathered from some posts i contributed on the forum a few months ago, but i'm in a job which requires analysis of certain companies and finance, and i'm almost convinced that as Thomson's control more of a resort's holiday accommodation they can 'manipulate' prices to their advantage.

I've just got a feeling that Thomson may 'exclude' San Stef from their price promotions that may come over the next few months. As Zimmer said on another thread this afternoon, San Stef has a lot of repeat visitors from the UK so they can keep prices high. And as they dictate to the 'Thomson property' owners in San Stef the terms of any contract, the owners have very little say in the matter.

I hope i'm proved wrong for the sake of some on here who are playing a 'waiting game'. I've opted for the Ejet + private booking option now, because the Ejet flights from BTL to Corfu started to increase over the last 2 weeks and i'm a bit of a fussy so-and-so about accommodation i stay in, so i like to book early and know where i'm staying.

Even though we haven't chosen Terezas for 2010 (we stayed there this June) due to Portland's current prices, i'll be interested to see if it features in any price promos over next few months, as i reckon June 2010, for example, is near fully booked. We booked it in October 08 for the June 09 stay and 14 nights cost about £850 total; at the mo it's £1100 for June 2010. Will that price drop in any promo during Oct/Nov. I'll be watching! Even though it'll be too late for 2010.

Offline DALE AND JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2009, 10:39:40 AM »
We have booked 'The Mythos' apartments at the end of June - 2 weeks - £750.00 with Thomas Cook.  We found this a lot cheaper than any thomson holiday and even booking independently. Easy Jet flights from Manchester are still not that cheap.

Offline hendrix46

• SanStef Hero
  • Sooner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »
Dale and John, that's a good price. Unfortunately, as I'm a lone traveller, if I try booking on-line I get the "computer says no" (thanks Little Britain) option. If I go to the travel agents then I get hit with the rip-off single supplement and under occupancy charges from the T Os. This leaves me with the independant option. I much prefer this as I'd sooner put my money into the local economy than into the T Os grasping hands. The T Os make enough money out of me for the flights. Now that Easyjet and Jet2 are flying going to Corfu even the prices of flights are a bit steadier.
Anyways, don't forget the World Cup kicks off on the 11th June so there could be some bargains about. No bargains in July as England will be out and everyone'll want to go away on holiday! Also, can't see the pound making a spectacular recovery so prices'll have to come down.   
CorfuCol

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2009, 02:07:39 AM »
Oh well - everyone has an opinion - which ever way you go - it will still be a bit of a gamble,
we'll see who made the right move by the new year!
Dale and John - - - was that the total for two persons for two weeks? - if so - good price!
(also meant to ask - did anyone ever find a short-cut straight, from the Mythos through to the main street near the Athens Bar?).

I can't see 'all' the regulars returning if they price the resort too high, everyone has a limit!
I will stick with my theories, and see how it goes! If I am wrong - so be it - but I have played it right every year so far!
Still loads of private apartments around and EasyJet - if Thompsons' are too expensive - good fall back!!
I won't be blackmailed by Thompsons into paying silly money!
I'll wait and see! This situation has happened in the past before in S S, and it'll come back again some day -
it always seems to go round in a circle!

Good luck to everyone - - whichever way you decide to go!
See you in 2010. (Hopefully I will have the cheaper Holiday!! LOL).

Offline hendrix46

• SanStef Hero
  • Sooner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2009, 05:21:55 AM »
Tony, if you're meeting Don again you'd better be able to book it cheap! LOL :)
CorfuCol

Offline DALE AND JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2009, 01:23:25 PM »
Tony, yes that is the price for 2 people, flying from Manchester on a Monday morning. The best price that we could fine for June next year.
We ae sue there is short cut - which brings you around the Rose Gardens, not tried it yet though.
Does anyone know how Nondas Is?  When we left in September he was just going back to Athens for a pacemaker fitting.
Thanks

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2009, 09:07:36 PM »
Thomas Cook and TUI reported in last 24 hours that demand and 2010 bookings, at this stage, for next year is up on same time last year. They reckon that after this summer's very average weather in UK the 2009 'staycation' may not be so in evidence next year.

Prices to remain high; limited promos over next few months, maybe?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2009, 04:10:19 AM »
I shall hate it if you are proved right!! LOL

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2009, 09:56:13 PM »
I shall hate it if you are proved right!! LOL

Tony, i hope i'm completely wrong about the prices in San Stef thru' the holiday co.s for your sake.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2009, 01:15:54 AM »
Och well, at least you have a choice of airlines. From Scotland next year cheapest flights in July are £870 for family of three.

Hopefully the English will be mesmerised by the World Cup in South Africa leaving lots of bargains for us canny Scots to pick up in San Stef.

don

« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2009, 02:42:30 AM »
The English can have the World Cup....... We Scots, Welsh and Irish can have that brilliant film "OUT OF AFRICA."

On a serious note Peli & Maria have actually dropped their prices for 2010! Worth a consideration!! Their prices also INCLUDE airport transfers next year too !!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 02:44:39 AM by don »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2009, 03:06:05 AM »
Do they have a web site Don?

Offline hendrix46

• SanStef Hero
  • Sooner!