Author Topic: Olga apartments  (Read 90807 times)

Offline afroditi

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Olga apartments
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2009, 01:03:21 PM »
We stayed at the Olga for 2 weeks in July and have just returned from our second visit this year on 25th Sept.This was our 14th visit to The Olga and 15th to San Stefanos. The fact we have been so many times speaks for itself! We are obviously not the only people to feel this way as when we arrived The Olga was full with return visitors who we have met on previous visits. It was a lovely reunion and great to see so many friends again, including Maureen & Keith and Hazel & Ann. We have been completely captivated by the 'magic' of the place and have already booked to return in June & Sept 2010.
Aristoula & her family do their utmost to make everyone feel welcome.
The apartments/studios are typically Greek. The bedding/mattresses are immaculate and the sheets are changed regularly as are the towels. The rooms are cleaned daily and bathroom/kitchen bins emptied every day. All the kitchens have adequate crockery, cutlery & cooking utensils.
The pool and surrounding area is beautiful. The pool IS cleaned EVERY night by Demos, sometimes as late as 11.00pm to midnight. Then again in the morning by Aristoula. At times there are lots of friendly faces around the pool, at others one can feel as if you are lying by your own private pool but there is never a shortage of sunbeds & umbrellas.
The bar/snack area is very pleasant. During the day Aristoula is there to provide breakfasts and light meals which are freshly cooked and delicious. In the evening either Shirley or Aristoula's husband Yannis are there to cater to guests requirments until the early hours.
The location of The Olga is very convenient as it is near to supermarkets, restaurants and the lovely beach.
We thoroughly recommend The Olga to couples, young and old and to families.
We are already counting the days until June.
 See you there!

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
  • 6th September. Staying at Jasmine pool bar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2009, 10:53:18 PM »
Hi.Does anybody know which tour operater the olga appts use i thought it was thomsons but they must have changed. Thanks

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2009, 12:08:01 AM »
Thompsons still does them, go to the Thompson Holidays web site, put in your date with a friday departure,
choose greece, Corfu, resort = San Stefanos, then chose the accommodation and you will see Olga on the drop down list,
then try fiddling with the date if a Friday is no good!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2009, 01:49:01 AM »
Have been on Thomsons holiday web site but no olga appts when i type in olga the rose garden keeps coming up, have tried skytours and a few others but no joy.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2009, 09:52:14 AM »
I think this is something Thomsons do from time to get other properties sold as well. If you keep trying they will eventually come up with Olga again.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline afroditi

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2009, 10:12:13 AM »
We too have been unable to book or check prices on line for the Olga .We had to go to the Thomson travel agency and even the girl there had a problem but did manage to book eventually. The Olga is in the Thomson JUST brochure. Hope this helps.

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2009, 05:59:17 PM »
Thanks for replies about the olga appts will keep trying.

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2009, 06:27:35 PM »
Have just rang thomsons shop they found the olga appts in the thomsons just brochure but i thought they were very expensive the quote she gave me for last week in August for 2weeks was 1,228pounds does anybody else think thats dear.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2009, 10:55:05 PM »
Yes - too expensive - you can get half board in the Athina for that.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2009, 11:31:03 PM »
Sunshine - this appears to be part of a trend with Thomson and San Stef. They are becoming very 'dominant' in San Stef and are obviously 'controlling' the prices. On another thread i've just given the info that The Little Prince is handing over ALL bookings to Thomson from 2010, previously they were with Thomson + some private bookings.

It wouldn't surprise me if the normal 'discount' periods/offers of late October, early Jan that Thomson usually offer do not appear this time around.

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2009, 12:02:56 AM »
We thought the same about price for the olga, we will probably go independent but have got to wait for easy jet to come up with prices for August and have heard that won,t be untill december, does anybody know if thats right as usually like to book as soon as we get home and have already been home 3 weeks

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2009, 12:38:31 AM »
Ejet usually release summer flights in about early Nov. But, of course this year they released April, May and June 2010 'early' - was it end July roughly?

Will they release July, Aug and Sept 2010 soon or not until late Nov? Who knows?

I reckon they released the first 'half' of Summer 2010 early to get some cashflow into the co. I will be checking Ejet for Sept 2010 everyday now, as i need to book our flights from BTL to Faro.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2009, 01:10:59 AM »
£1228 is very very expensive for self catering. Our 2 weeks at Teresa end of August next year is over £400.00 cheaper than that.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2009, 01:21:24 AM »
£1228 is very very expensive for self catering. Our 2 weeks at Teresa end of August next year is over £400.00 cheaper than that.

You booked very early though Jules. The price at Terezas for June, as an example, has gone up from about £800 total for 2 weeks for two, to about £1100 now. Even their Sept 2010 prices which were showing about £750 for 2 has gone up to about £900 for early part of Sept.

The cheapest i could find for June next year in San Stef, as a package deal, thru' Thomsons was staying at Barras; that was about £900 i think for 2 people staying 14 nights.

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2009, 12:41:30 PM »
This year 2 weeks self catering at Kapitanios cost us £1800.00 that was for 3 adults and a child, one of the adult prices was our 17 year old son, our other son got a free child place, but we all know that his fare would be coverd by the 'other' charges you incur

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni