Author Topic: Olga apartments  (Read 90679 times)

don

Re: Olga apartments
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2009, 12:53:40 AM »
Returned last week and we had to throw away our boys shorts as it would not come out.
Also the ool is not in the best kept condition either. They don't seem to be spending much time on cleaning the main pool, the toddler pool has the green ring from last year still round the edge.

We prefered the tereza pool.
Last year at Teresa our swimming stuff was turning green and also my feet - but not Roys lol!!!!  ;)

Sounds like it was gan green Jules LOL

zoe

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2009, 10:50:03 AM »
oh my god with my luck we will go home looking like shreck

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2009, 11:06:45 AM »
But you would be a lovely Shreck Zoe unlike some we could mention - not necessarily from on here lol!!!!. ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2009, 11:56:58 AM »
thanks jules have a great time tell hubby to watch what he dipps in the pool as it may go green ;)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2009, 01:27:20 PM »
Certainly will Zoe lol!!! ;) :D
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2009, 04:34:41 AM »
You must be talking about his "Rudder" - there she blows !!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline ianandsarah

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
    • Eco Friendly Products
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2009, 06:13:48 PM »
It seems we may have offended people with our comments on the green issue of the pool and the lack of cleaning.
If this is the case I can only apologise the those who are offended by a true comment. Friendship aside when you pay £3000 for a holiday (I know the vast majority of that goes to the tour operator and not the owner) but you do not expect to find a lack of enthusiasm by people who are responsible for the upkeep of the properties/pools, no matter where they are.

Now in our first years of visiting the pool would be cleaned every single night and this was then followed up by a second clean in the morning. This then became the job of the "pool robot" at night time, the kids loved to watch it scan the base of the pool doing its job. Again this was done on a regular basis.

This year we saw the robot twice in 2 weeks. I think, on oe accasion it had been switched off by mistake half way through its job, so never completed the job. There was not as I am aware any cleaning done in the mornings, so as we stated above the lack of enthusiasm seems to have shown in the up keep of the pool.
Again this was not written to upset or blame, but to highlight the fact of the amount of Green obtained from the pool.
We all know this can happen in all pools, but some seem to be worse than others for this happening.

You know who you are and we are sorry if you have taken this to heart.
Ian and Sarah

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2009, 10:22:01 PM »
You do not have to apologise.
Even if many on this forum are in love with San Stef, and we loved it when we visited in June and will be back next year, this is 2009 and anyone should expect the pool to be cleaned everyday, no matter which country we are visiting.

zoe

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2009, 11:04:37 PM »
i hope you were not offended by our bit of fun about our bits turning green we  love san stef but if someone is unhappy about something if they dont say it cant be sorted we all have our little hic ups and lets hope thats all it is and everything is back to normal with the pool we have booked olga for the first time for september we looked in at the pool in june and it was ok then so lets hope it is back to normal

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2009, 12:16:34 AM »
im not zoe
we had the green thingy also
was told by dimi it was from people using sun tan stuff from a blue bottle.cost him twice as much to keep the pool clean
are we sure don has not lost a half penny in every pool and that has now gone green
lol mate don >:( >:(
chris
see if you can find them next time not long now
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 12:18:28 AM by CHRIS NO 2 »

zoe

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2009, 12:33:14 AM »
you have hit the nail on the head chris is that why he is going back in september  :)

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2009, 02:51:03 AM »
dons going to sea bubbles 4 mask to hide his wallet

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2009, 05:22:35 AM »
It seems we may have offended people with our comments on the green issue of the pool and the lack of cleaning.
If this is the case I can only apologise the those who are offended by a true comment.
You know who you are and we are sorry if you have taken this to heart.
Ian and Sarah
Ianandsarah - Speak as you find - no need to apologise at all - good report in fact! I don't think anyone will be upset in reality!
you are being honest and it may help others! It would really help the owners in any property if they are made aware of problems as well.
Hope it doesn't put you off going again! Try somewhere else next time, you will be friends of any family where-ever you stay!
Yamas!!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline ianandsarah

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
    • Eco Friendly Products
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2009, 12:37:27 PM »
Hi Tony,
thanks for that.
It cold never put us off going to san stef, we love the place and the people. Our kids adore the pplace as they can wander off to a bar with no worries.

We have been talking for the last 3 years about staying elsewhere, even going private but for some reason have stayed loyal to the family as we have kown them so long. On saying that we have known others in san stef longer..........

We'll be back (in good old arnie voice)

don

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2009, 06:35:18 PM »
Reporting that we had no problems with any of the pools we visited. Nice to see and hear Grouch at Olga on wednesday  after we left Teresa's barbecue.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni