Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Out and About

Island trips

<< < (2/4) > >>

tonyco1:

--- Quote from: JULES T on May 06, 2009, 09:50:50 AM ---
--- Quote from: Zimmer on May 06, 2009, 09:48:48 AM ---I hear that apart from Ericousa theres not much on the others in relation to the length of the trip

--- End quote ---
Wasn't much to see when we went.

--- End quote ---
We enjoyed matrathki, nice Taverna, church and a good beach!

Gordonc:
Thanks for the info. Will give it a bash, probably Erikousa. Will post afterwards with our thoughts.

tonyco1:

--- Quote from: Gordonc on May 06, 2009, 11:52:35 PM ---Thanks for the info. Will give it a bash, probably Erikousa. Will post afterwards with our thoughts.

--- End quote ---
Sounds good to me - it was many years ago, about 1987, that a young lad on the beach helping with the first beach beds to appear,
suggested that his Dad Theo, a local fisherman, would let us hire him and his boat for the day.
We did all the islands in one day - very unspoilt then, no hotels, no electricity from the mainland - although it followed a couple of years later - we saw the cables being laid by ship, the source was close to the Athena Hotel on the beach!!
That was our first ever boat trip apart from going out fishing with Vasillis.
That young lad was called Nikos and these days he is married to Heather and works in the Thomas Bay Hotel.
Theo is his dad - still often seen on his scooter around the resort!!

Jules:

--- Quote from: tonyco1 on May 07, 2009, 12:08:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: Gordonc on May 06, 2009, 11:52:35 PM ---Thanks for the info. Will give it a bash, probably Erikousa. Will post afterwards with our thoughts.

--- End quote ---
Sounds good to me - it was many years ago, about 1987, that a young lad on the beach helping with the first beach beds to appear,
suggested that his Dad Theo, a local fisherman, would let us hire him and his boat for the day.
We did all the islands in one day - very unspoilt then, no hotels, no electricity from the mainland - although it followed a couple of years later - we saw the cables being laid by ship, the source was close to the Athena Hotel on the beach!!
That young lad was called Nikos and these days he is married to Heather and works in the Thomas Bay Hotel.

--- End quote ---
Reminiscing again  -don't you just love to hear it (I do). Wish I'd known the place back then as well.

tonyco1:

--- Quote from: JULES T on May 07, 2009, 12:16:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: tonyco1 on May 07, 2009, 12:08:18 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Reminiscing again  -don't you just love to hear it (I do). Wish I'd known the place back then as well.

--- End quote ---
Such a shame you didn't - after all - you are old enough!!!! (runs for cover)!! LOL 8) :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version