Author Topic: 2009 - Where? And When?  (Read 117066 times)

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 - Where? And When?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2009, 10:19:14 AM »
this is turning into "The last of the Summer wine"  or "OAP's behaving sadly" :D

don

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2009, 12:12:56 PM »
too true jules... but then i would only get bored at home. Or so they tell me.
Now I have just had my birthday,
I am forced to think ahead - I am petrified of the thought of retiring!!
I love my job - I love the salary - I love my Holidays.
I would have to cut back on a pension (as well as going mad watching day-time TV).

Come on you love being 60...... Just think if you retired you could grow your own celery!!!
Don - how could you - I am still a real action man - a bit of a James Bond - a slightly ageing lothario - a bit of a stud!!
(in my mind anyway) - - -LOL!!!  ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o ::) ::) ::)

aye an cook yer own chicken  tikka

I cook most of the time anyway - I'm a bit of a Tony Oliver - I'll have you know

I can vouch for that - You can find him in the early hours most mornings pulling the John Travolta moves and screaming COOKING at the top of his voice!

zoe

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2009, 09:41:55 PM »
roy was 60 in october so thinking ahead we went and brought a summerhouse so when we think we need a few min apart i can take off with my book or he can go down with the paper or if thats not enough im 12 years younger so will go to work full time instead off part time better than driving each other mad
SO - - -Roy and I are both young bloods together than - Zoe  - if you have too much energy -
I have a pile of Ironing needs doing, while me and Roy have a beer!!! LOL
/quote]
roy says great idea a nice mythos or a pint of the irish nectar would go down well im not to sure about the ironing i will pass on that one

don

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2009, 10:59:50 PM »
roy was 60 in october so thinking ahead we went and brought a summerhouse so when we think we need a few min apart i can take off with my book or he can go down with the paper or if thats not enough im 12 years younger so will go to work full time instead off part time better than driving each other mad
SO - - -Roy and I are both young bloods together than - Zoe  - if you have too much energy -
/quote]
roy says great idea a nice mythos or a pint of the irish nectar would go down well im not to sure about the ironing i will pass on that one

Just save time and effort... Chuck it all in a case and let Willie sort it!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 03:10:52 AM »
/quote]

Just save time and effort... Chuck it all in a case and let Willie sort it!
Thank God there's a Willie to hire in the resort!!LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 11:41:20 PM »
sorry don i have just seen your question about where i teach from many pages back! I teach in a small secondary school in the midlands between coventry and birmingham. Wasn't being rude just didn't spot question there!

don

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 12:13:50 AM »
sorry don i have just seen your question about where i teach from many pages back! I teach in a small secondary school in the midlands between coventry and birmingham. Wasn't being rude just didn't spot question there!
Never been into Teaching... I like kids - "not that chestnut again?". Brother used to teach in W.Mids then moved to Lincs. Ditto S-in Law. Both jacked it through stress. Now Mentor and Teaching Assistant.

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 12:43:37 AM »
not sure i am into teaching either! I am still trying to find out. Its just taking me a while. I understand totally about the stress. Hence the screen name. but it pays for the holidays!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 03:30:35 AM »
not sure i am into teaching either! I am still trying to find out. Its just taking me a while. I understand totally about the stress. Hence the screen name. but it pays for the holidays!
Much harder for Teachers these days - Kids are schooled in Euro-law!!
Bring back a little discipline and respect for the teaching staff - we used to respect the cane when I was at school!!
Or ask Don when he was at school - kids were still being sent up chimneys!! LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2009, 09:41:22 AM »
Much harder for Teachers these days - Kids are schooled in Euro-law!!
Bring back a little discipline and respect for the teaching staff - we used to respect the cane when I was at school!!
Or ask Don when he was at school - kids were still being sent up chimneys!! LOL
The kids today would quote the law to you - they know where they stand on everything these days
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 09:42:44 AM »
At least my school was approved......................... Another one liner exhumed for the 21st century!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2009, 09:44:08 AM »
At least my school was approved......................... Another one liner exhumed for the 21st century!
I think Tony had to be approved to let him in lol!! ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2009, 04:18:32 PM »
I think Tony had to be approved to let him in lol!! ;)
I was a good kid in school - never caused trouble - caned just 3 times - which was nothing - I learnt fast to behave!!

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2009, 01:18:20 AM »
So what changed you tony ? x

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2009, 01:22:34 AM »
So what changed you tony ? x
Fast Living and Slow Women - - or was that Slow living and Fast women - never worked it out!!
I just know the Woman in my life always seems to win!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni