Author Topic: Villa / boutique style hotel in San Stefanos  (Read 81410 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Villa / boutique style hotel in San Stefanos
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2009, 03:40:43 AM »
Having seen their web site [ damn technology !] if I return to Stan's I'll book in here, looks really classy
We have never stayed there - but did get shown around about 4 years ago, all done to a very high standard,
but also very expensive, compared to the rest of San Stefanos, the question is - Besides the Decor' and a private pool,
what do you get for all that extra money? I would rather spend the extra dosh on good meals etc, also - -
There's lots of really nice Apartments that give you all you need - if you look around - at a reasonable rate!
So while the Delfino is in a class of it's own, Decor' wise, - the food is matched through-out the resort!
The welcome is often bettered elsewhere as well!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2009, 09:52:01 AM »
I suppose it comes down to comfort really and space. I am happy where we stay though at a fraction of the price.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2009, 09:55:05 AM »
At the end of the day wherever you stay its only a place to sleep and shower for a week or 2 and most people can do that anywhere - even by the pool!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2009, 06:10:50 PM »
At the end of the day wherever you stay its only a place to sleep and shower for a week or 2 and most people can do that anywhere - even by the pool!!!
Or on a bed on the beach if money runs out!!! LOL
We having been many times now - go for best value - as most Apts are very similar!
Favourite Hotel - Thomas Bay!! then Athina - not as well fitted as Delfino - but more hospitable and friendly.

zoe

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2009, 10:48:32 PM »
jules i think you could think of more things to do than sleep and shower ;D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2009, 12:25:29 AM »
Whatever could that be Zoe lol!!!!! ;) :o

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2009, 04:28:21 AM »
Whatever could that be Zoe lol!!!!! ;) :o
I think she means a bit of Riding Jules!!

Offline hazzacornwall

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2009, 05:56:17 PM »
Hi,
Just wanted to say...we stay at Delfino Blu...just booked our next return visit for 2010.
Each to their own on what you want out of a holiday.  However, take it from me, you get a fantastic welcome from EVERYONE at Delfino Blu, and you really do get what you pay for.  Kostas (Owner of DB) will be working on the apartments next door over the winter and judging by the plans the place is going to be amazing.  DB is FULLY booked for the entire 2009 season - think that speaks for itself.  It is a private hotel though so it is fair to say that non residents would not be invited to use the pool and that's fair enough.  Do agree though that San Stefanos is a brilliant resort.  We stay on a B&B basis and make the most of the fantastic restaurants on offer.

Offline hazzacornwall

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2009, 09:49:40 PM »
We having been many times now - go for best value - as most Apts are very similar!
Favourite Hotel - Thomas Bay!! then Athina - not as well fitted as Delfino - but more hospitable and friendly.
You really couldn't find anywhere more hospitable and friendly than Delfino Blu!  Have you stayed there?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2009, 12:29:15 AM »
You really couldn't find anywhere more hospitable and friendly than Delfino Blu!  Have you stayed there?

Welcome to the forums. We have never stayed at DB but did see it being built when we stayed at the Belle Vue and could tell from then it would be a special place.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2009, 02:33:54 AM »
Never stayed there but have eaten there and know the owner and most of the staff well.
Believe me you get the same welcome, hospitality and friendliness almost everywhere in S S!!
It's the landmark of the local people there - and they make you one of the family,
for example just ask anyone who stays at Terezas, or in fact anywhere!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2009, 09:58:43 AM »
Never stayed there but have eaten there and know the owner and most of the staff well.
Believe me you get the same welcome, hospitality and friendliness almost everywhere in S S!!
It's the landmark of the local people there - and they make you one of the family,

I agree Tony - wherever you stay you always get a fantastic welcome and genuine friendliness as well. None of the locals can be faulted on hospitality either. It is second to none and brings returnees back year after year :) :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2009, 03:07:08 PM »

I agree Tony - wherever you stay you always get a fantastic welcome and genuine friendliness as well. None of the locals can be faulted on hospitality either. It is second to none and brings returnees back year after year :) :)
And I noticed that they had a party when you left last time Jules, isn't that nice of them!! LOL

don

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2009, 12:16:32 AM »

And I noticed that they had a party when you left last time Jules, isn't that nice of them!! LOL
I believe they have one every year come September... It honours the annual emptying of the Jules purse! An annual event thast leads to 5 days of nonstop revellry!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2009, 12:20:05 AM »

I believe they have one every year come September... It honours the annual emptying of the Jules purse! An annual event thast leads to 5 days of nonstop revellry!
Sorry just got to do it TYPO ALERT ha ha ha :D ;D :o

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni