Author Topic: New to San Stefanos  (Read 79685 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: New to San Stefanos
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2009, 09:53:25 AM »
My husband and i are also looking forward to our maiden visit to St Stephanos in July, and are staying at the Hotel Athena. Any one know what it's like?? It's our first holiday for 23yrs without the children- we are sooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!
Hi and welcome Vanessa, we have stayed there a couple of times, lovely Hotel, nice staff, great pool - right on the beach as well,
and not to forget the Pool Snack/drink bar manager who never smiles - you get a prize if you make him crack a smile!!

Seriously - nice rooms - AirCon (small charge), carpets - and in the hallways as well!!
Sea view is best - look for my posting of U-Tube videos - one on the Athina!
You may find the Half-board meals a bit "same-y", budget for and have a few nights eating out around the resort - worth it!!
You will love this resort!! Try having a drink at Glen and Maria's place next door - the Aquarios Bar!
When in July are you going - we will be there from the 3rd for 2 weeks!

Watch out Vanessa - hes trying to blag drinks lol!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2009, 03:17:36 PM »
Thanks for all that! Hotel sounds pretty good- have booked a room with a sea view, so shall enjoy those sunsets! I shall also make it my mission to get the barman to smile! We leave for San Stephanos on 10th July- 1 week. We plan to eat out a couple of times- any suggestions?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2009, 06:26:09 PM »
Thanks for all that! Hotel sounds pretty good- have booked a room with a sea view, so shall enjoy those sunsets! I shall also make it my mission to get the barman to smile! We leave for San Stephanos on 10th July- 1 week. We plan to eat out a couple of times- any suggestions?
Its the guy in the pool bar/cafe' - you will work it out as soon as you see him - he is a character!
You'll get lots of eat out ideas -
Definitely the Beachcomber Bistro - Fantastic food and setting! Book to get a table!
Little Prince for a big menu and entertainment while they serve
Olympia for its big menu and good food.

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

zoe

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2009, 10:46:56 PM »
we are half board but found it just as cheep to have a meal out at lunch time as mess about buying sarnis and bits then eat late at the hotel

don

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2009, 02:13:48 AM »
we are half board but found it just as cheep to have a meal out at lunch time as mess about buying sarnis and bits then eat late at the hotel
cheep .................. Was that you or do you breed chicks?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2009, 04:30:02 AM »
cheep .................. Was that you or do you breed chicks?

Shes using Jules spell checker again!! and are you suggesting she is a Chick!!??

zoe

« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2009, 10:45:24 AM »
all i can say is very stressful day but better to be a young chick than an old cock ;)

don

« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2009, 03:40:31 PM »
all i can say is very stressful day but better to be a young chick than an old cock ;)
Blimey........Who shook your feathers?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2009, 04:26:17 PM »
Blimey........Who shook your feathers?
What a great reply Zoe.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2009, 04:34:47 PM »
thanks jules i get my inspiration from sue and yourself you are teaching me well watch out boys ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2009, 09:52:02 PM »
{FIRST APOLOGIES TO ANY NEW COME'RS WHO THINK WE ARE ALL MAD!! - IT'S THESE GIRLS!!}
Nothing wrong with an old Cock!! Experience always wins!!
I always remember the story of the Young Cock and the Old Cock walking along the top of a hill,
The Young cock looked down the hill and saw a dozen chicks below.
He said to the old cock, lets run down and mate one of those chicks!
The old cock replied, no - lets walk down and mate the lot!! Now thats experience!! LOL
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:55:13 PM by tonyco1 »

don

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2009, 11:36:49 PM »
VANESSA  I would just like to point out one thing regarding the Aquarius Bar............ This concerns the Athina.............................. We like to sit outside the bar from 23.00 onwards and try to guess whether people going back to the Athina are BAR or BED.. ... If they turn right they go to the bar. Left and its up the wooden hills to Bedfordshire. From this we decide whether to have a refill. If they go to the bar its a refill....... Suffice to say we've never been drunk in San Stef!    As you can see it is a lovely quiet hotel! 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2009, 03:03:53 AM »
VANESSA  I would just like to point out one thing regarding the Aquarius Bar............ This concerns the Athina.............................. We like to sit outside the bar from 23.00 onwards and try to guess whether people going back to the Athina are BAR or BED.. ... If they turn right they go to the bar. Left and its up the wooden hills to Bedfordshire. From this we decide whether to have a refill. If they go to the bar its a refill....... Suffice to say we've never been drunk in San Stef!    As you can see it is a lovely quiet hotel! 
VANESSA, we always go to the Aquarios on the way home from the Beach,
must try seeing Don there one night!!

Offline vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2009, 09:57:20 PM »
We will definately stop at the bar for a night-cap! So if you see 2, obviously english, extremely beautiful (not!) people in their 40's, shout 'OY' and if it's me, i'll shout 'YEH' back!!! You lot have really good banter going on, on here! Have any of you actually met???

don

« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2009, 10:44:07 PM »
We will definately stop at the bar for a night-cap! So if you see 2, obviously english, extremely beautiful (not!) people in their 40's, shout 'OY' and if it's me, i'll shout 'YEH' back!!! You lot have really good banter going on, on here! Have any of you actually met???

In our 40's .... Is that chest or waist measurement or possibly IL? LOL   English bit amusing too?  Big meet (for first and possibly only time) July 4th at Ozzy Oils at 8.30pm. All welcome now if I remember Tony is the grey one from top to toe!!! I have my secret outfit (no yellow) just to give Tony a laugh and photo op!!! Zimmer??????????? That's obvious!! Watch him walk! After that he's probably a female LOL 

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni