Author Topic: Noise Levels.  (Read 13088 times)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Noise Levels.
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2022, 09:57:28 PM »
And tonight we have the 2nd evening of the festival - just kicking in up here at 20.30 hrs -  it finished yesterday around 02.00 so expecting much the same tonight.  The bells resounded over the village this morning around 08.30 It is at Agia Paraskevi Church run by our local nuns  so these nuns are very hardy ones as  I really didn't get my 8 hours LOL.  But we live here in Greece and after 2 Covid years when no one was really 'allowed' out in fairness.  One respects the local festivals.  We will sit again on our patio/balcony and enjoy the enriched Greek music and laughter..... Happy Holidays too All x at 10.30pm we have just had 3 rounds of firework too - they did look pretty contrasting over the dark sky - hope they all landed in a lush area.......nite nite from a Corfu Greek Village xxx (our 4 cats not so impressed and  are hiding under the bed)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 11:43:12 PM by Lesley »

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Noise Levels.
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2022, 11:48:00 PM »
And tonight we have the 2nd evening of the festival - just kicking in up here at 20.30 hrs -  it finished yesterday around 02.00 so expecting much the same tonight.  The bells resounded over the village this morning around 08.30 It is at Agia Paraskevi Church run by our local nuns  so these nuns are very hardy ones as  I really didn't get my 8 hours LOL.  But we live here in Greece and after 2 Covid years when no one was really 'allowed' out in fairness.  One respects the local festivals.  We will sit again on our patio/balcony and enjoy the enriched Greek music and laughter..... Happy Holidays too All x

Thanks for the insight Lesley, it gives a great feel to the festa! Must be such a contrast to the “holiday feel” to that of the “festa”. The latter I would guess has been going for years? Either way, I’m so pleased those that live there find time, when it is so busy to enjoy their own village …
The public gets what the public wants...

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni