Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Out and About

Well, what do you think?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Karen:
Hello Rod and everyone! Rod, I don't blame you for booking your flights. It's very hard to say where we will be in June, but I feel the problem is more likely to be in Corfu, vaccinations etc, than here. Our holiday was transferred from July last year, to this year. We will both , most likely, have had 2 jabs by then. However, we have both  become very nervous of going anywhere. Last Saturday I was taken to hospital with a suspected heart attack and it made me realise just how brilliant our nhs staff and hospitals are, that's what I worry about, being ill in another country...

Rod:

--- Quote from: Karen on February 02, 2021, 02:01:36 PM ---Hello Rod and everyone! Rod, I don't blame you for booking your flights. It's very hard to say where we will be in June, but I feel the problem is more likely to be in Corfu, vaccinations etc, than here. Our holiday was transferred from July last year, to this year. We will both , most likely, have had 2 jabs by then. However, we have both  become very nervous of going anywhere. Last Saturday I was taken to hospital with a suspected heart attack and it made me realise just how brilliant our nhs staff and hospitals are, that's what I worry about, being ill in another country...

--- End quote ---
Karen, I really do hope you are ok.  You are probably right regarding your fears and both the wife and I had lengthy discussions about our June holiday.  At the end of the day the worst that could happen (apart from having covid) is we cancel and arrange for another time.  I'm still optimistic but then again I always am.  The wife on the other hand is the opposite to me.

Karen:
Thank you Rod. Spent the evening in resuss unit, had lots of bloods, ecg's, xrays. All the sinister stuff ruled out, being treated for costochondritis , inflammation of tissues connecting ribs to sternum, very painful...

Your wife is like me Rod! I really doubt we will go and will just see nearer the time.

Charlie:
Good luck to you Rod, hope it works out for you.

Personally I believe that there’s a good reason to stop all foreign trips this year.  We need to really get on top of this virus.  The NHS would not be able to cope with another winter like the one we are going through.

I’m speaking as someone who is used to having  at least three foreign holidays per year.

Jimbo:
Oh God, Karen! Don't flake out on us! We need your enigmatic smile.  :)

I know all about pessimists - I live with one. I'm neither optimistic nor pessimistic about summer in Corfu. I am confident that the UK will have vaccinated a huge number of people before July. The EU? Not so sure.

Israel leads the world with its vaccination programme, and they are starting to see very good results. Charlie is, I think, absolutely right to caution about lack of caution. One of my favourite songs is "Going to Carolina in my mind" and if I can't go physically to Corfu I'll think of all the funny and lovely times we've had. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version