Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > San Stefanos news and views

Let's make a concerted effort

<< < (3/16) > >>

Karen:
Yes I agree with you all.  When we go in July, I always do a little blog each day, for whats happening etc, as I know Jackie is a busy lady.  It would be nice if others could do this too, during their holidays next year, I love reading other people's views on the village, weather etc. I don't do facebook either and I think thats where a lot of activity is.  Maybe we could add to this post and hear some of your experiences from this year's holiday :)

Tredegar Boy:
sadly we didn't manage to get there this year, our first non-visit since we started going in 2004. Missed it to be fair. Especially the food.
Decided to go eslewhere due to weddings etc and visited Gale in Portugal and Benalmadena. Now the latter couldn't be more opposite to San Stef....won't be going back.

Karen:
Are you hoping to go back next year Tredegar? :)

Tredegar Boy:
I'd like to think so but I'm retiring next year and my wife and I are thinking a "once in a lifetime" holiday thing. No idea where though.

Jimbo:
I, too, am sad at how quiet it is here compared to five or six years ago. I don't usually post much anywhere when in the village; I spend my life in front of computers and I'm glad to get away and do some writing with old-fashioned pen and paper. These days I rarely go onto Facebook apart from viewing obligatory pictures of granddaughters - I end up wasting hours in futile arguments about Brexit, of which I am not a fan!

Next year? Who knows? The pound/euro rate has made things substantially more expensive for the last year or two. It's a pretty safe bet that if the UK leaves the EU with no deal the pound will devalue even more. We live in very uncertain times. Obviously, holidays should not really be high on our priority list compared to the economic, social and general well-being of our country - but of course we all harbour thoughts of warm nights and the scent of jasmine and oregano. We'll see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version