Author Topic: Webcam 4/3  (Read 291908 times)

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Webcam 4/3
« Reply #360 on: August 17, 2020, 10:33:07 PM »

I can only think of one beach in the UK that allows cars on the beach. Brean Sands in Somerset at a charge of £3.00 per day, but it’s well controlled.

I used to go to the Pontins at Brean Sands as a child-do they park on the beach now? That would be weird as there used to be a pub between the park and the beach that had a massive car park where I assumed they cars would park!

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 17, 2020, 10:42:07 PM »
We've been going to Agios Stefanos for 11 years, and the beach parking has always been where it is now. What's the problem? The beach is vast. The parking area is small. I've never found it problem at all. Where, exactly, could another parking area be made? Apart from the beach, it's hilly, and the valley, apart from the very swampy area, is largely built up.
Ive been going to SS for 16 years too and yes there have always been cars on the beach but there are definitely more this year.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 17, 2020, 10:49:33 PM »
Ive been going to SS for 16 years too and yes there have always been cars on the beach but there are definitely more this year.

That was the point I was trying to make :)

geordieborn

« Reply #363 on: August 17, 2020, 11:58:15 PM »
Come on folks we are not charlies.... where are your old pics of how things were? Okay I'll have to dig out the Video8's and pick off the beach shots, but at least I know some of us have actually been there....

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 18, 2020, 12:04:28 AM »
Come on folks we are not charlies.... where are your old pics of how things were? Okay I'll have to dig out the Video8's and pick off the beach shots, but at least I know some of us have actually been there....

Haha! I have no pics to share, people will have to take my word for it ;D looking forward to seeing your V8:s though :)

geordieborn

« Reply #365 on: August 18, 2020, 12:22:05 AM »
So am I Karen, just another project to sort (if ever) .

Offline Charlie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 18, 2020, 12:45:42 AM »
I used to go to the Pontins at Brean Sands as a child-do they park on the beach now? That would be weird as there used to be a pub between the park and the beach that had a massive car park where I assumed they cars would park!

It was closed untill July this season because of the virus.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 18, 2020, 01:33:42 AM »
So am I Karen, just another project to sort (if ever) .

Go on, they will be lots of fun to watch l

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 18, 2020, 02:34:23 AM »
As I haven't been to San Stef this year I can only pass comment on what I see from the webcam much like everyone else, though it would be informative to hear from members who have been there this year on whether what they saw was out of the ordinary, though in years gone by I can remember the car park area being packed especially on Sunday's when the locals tended to visit. Never an issue. Not an eyesore either.

Here's a question for those of you who are concerned, will you be cancelling your holidays if the perceived issue persists? and just out of interest, where would you suggest these cars park in a village with narrow roads.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 18, 2020, 02:47:01 AM »
I don't remember it ever being this bad TB and in my opinion it is an eyesore. I wouldn't cancel my holiday  but I doubt I would go on the beach for lunch and a few drinks, if I'm looking at a car park. :)

geordieborn

« Reply #370 on: August 18, 2020, 01:47:28 PM »
I'm coming to the conclusion you are correct TB. It's a long time between visits for us and it may well be longer going forward....

Offline gillie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 18, 2020, 03:08:08 PM »
There have always been cars on the beach and they pose no problem at all. We go every day to that end of the beach and you don't see them apart from when you are walking past.  As TB says there is nowhere in the village to park and all the roads are narrow and have to cater for deliveries, the lorries taking away the seaweed, boats attached to cars going to the harbour etc. It is a huge beach so there is plenty of room. At weekends locals come to the beach to enjoy it! It is not our beach, it is not our country, we all love the place so can we not let the local people look after their beach! Sorry, but I don't think it is up to us to judge.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 18, 2020, 04:18:52 PM »
Guess I'm just pernickity ;D

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 18, 2020, 06:03:22 PM »
I have a solution. Ask the Avliotes council to bulldoze Athina and build a multi-storey car park. Cover it with ivy, and it will be one more step on the way to turning Greece into the Home Counties!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 07:36:19 PM by Jimbo »

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 18, 2020, 06:09:09 PM »
I have a solution. Ask the Avliotes council to bulldoze Athina and build a multi-story car park. Cover it with ivy, and it will be one more step on the way to turning Greece into the Home Counties!

Great idea Jim. Actually there is a large area of wasteland down that road, that could be turned into car parking :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni