Author Topic: brewery  (Read 11499 times)

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
brewery
« on: May 24, 2014, 06:32:57 PM »
Woke up to cloud this morning so took the opportunity to walk to the brewery whilst it wasn' t hot. Brewery tours on Sat 11.0am till 1.0am. Sampled the ginger beer and a red bitter type then walked back for lunch in Mistral. Feel very very sorry for manthos, mistral and waves. The state of the beach must be killing them. Hopefully money will be found somewhere to enable the seaweed to be removed. In the meantime the sun has come out so back to blue skies.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: brewery
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 08:33:47 PM »
The brewery used to do Thursday morning tours also

Offline johny rebel

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 11:28:12 PM »
The beech is a disgrace this year never seen it as bad won't be doing the village any favours for attracting new visitors Manthos mistrals and waves must be devastated

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 12:01:55 AM »
The beach is controlled by Corfu Town. I am sure the local people are as annoyed as anybody else.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 12:14:59 AM »
Thought this thread was about the brewery? The beach, however, is a mess.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 12:23:43 AM »
Looking at the webcam then yes the beach does look a mess, it would not put me off to be honest because I am just happy to be going on holiday but I think it could be off putting to new visitors or potential visitors to SS. I still managed to have my daily doze on the beach last year despite the lorry and digger making a racket. A glass of wine or two usually does the trick. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:25:33 AM by lilly »

Offline hilary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 03:19:58 PM »
Here at San Stefano Travel we are once again doing the Brewery Walk trip, every Saturday leaving resort 11am and returning 2pm, Keith Stanton leading the way! ;)

On the beach topic, some clearing did take place then sadly the very strong winds hit us again. Yes, it is a very sore point with us locals. We are making massive attempts to resolve this huge problem, and quickly.

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 12:20:27 PM »
I'm hoping they'll get their hands on a recipe for a really hoppy beer, I'm sure it would be a real success for them. I've promised in the past I'll take them a bottle of BrewDogs Punk IPA, and this year I shall, to indicate what I'm always banging on about to them.

Offline Smiffy Boi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 12:37:24 AM »
We went on the brewery tour this year and have got to say its a little hidden gem. We couldn't believe it when we saw that they had free beer on tap and they are very friendly aswell, well worth the visit! On the topic of the beach though it was fine where we laid on the beach (next to the track up to the Romanza) but the other end of the beach was a complete mess and put us off going down to eat at restaurants like the Manthos which is a shame as I heard the food is splendid.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 01:31:09 AM »
Love the seaweed. Keeps people away!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni