Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1387769 times)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #2040 on: August 06, 2019, 07:10:34 PM »
Welcome home Jim and Gillie, so glad you had a lovely holiday. What is your novel called? :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: August 06, 2019, 09:27:39 PM »
Hi, Winkie. It's set in Swansea and Brighton, mainly. It may have a Greek excursion, but I don't know, because I haven't written it yet!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: August 11, 2019, 01:40:11 PM »
 Photos and video this week of a turtle laying it’s eggs near to relaxing point on the beach. It has got a makeshift “cordon” around the nest. Incubation about 60 or so days. Not sure how to add a photo to the post but my avatar is the nest site

« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 01:53:23 PM by Jules »
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: August 11, 2019, 05:50:32 PM »
Looks well marked off I hope people keep away.

Offline chrissie d

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: August 12, 2019, 01:35:55 AM »
Returned home a couple of days ago from a fantastic holiday staying at our home from home Little Prince .Everything there was great as usual ,thank you to everybody .Stayed in one of their new rooms which were great .Had many good meals at Little Prince ,Zorbas ,Yiannis family restaurant.Manthos ,Fantasea and Mango beach bar .Saw some lovely sunsets from 180degrees .Had a trip into Corfu town with San stefanos travel also hired a car from them and visited some beautiful places.Airport experience was good on arrival it took just 25mins from leaving the plane to getting on the coach .On the return journey through check in and security in just 20 mins .Quite impressed with the changes at the airport the toilets were 10 times better than the ones were at our uk airport .Looking forward to our next stay nothing will put us off going back .

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: August 12, 2019, 11:09:33 AM »
Christine it sounds like the usual fab San Stef break and why we keep returning.
Those new rooms are beautifully done aren't they,we had a new apartment in May.
We will be off in 4 weeks for our second instalment of the year.

Was it busy still?It was quite quiet in may quieter than usual.

Offline Natman+Sparksdad

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: August 13, 2019, 12:30:03 PM »
Arrived yesterday on jet2. Good flight. Very slow through passport control - probably going to be the norm, with a no-deal brexit. Taxi waiting to take us to Jasmine Apartments. Warm welcome from Spiros and Margarita. We couldn't make last year due to family commitments, but seeing friends from prior years meant the gap didn't matter. It was like we'd never been away. Kids were soon in the pool while a late lunch was prepared for us. (One of the best tuna salads I've had here).
One of our friends was saying that this was the hottest it has been this year and it certainly feels it.
A stroll into the village to have what has become our traditional first night meal at Little Prince. The kids always say the holiday really starts when the Greek dancing and plate smashing starts. Good food and service as always.
Picked up a few bits from supermarket before heading back for bed. It's been a long day.
Today is a relaxing do nothing recovery day. Kids asleep until 10.30 - still on Uk time, I guess. It's another hot one.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: August 13, 2019, 12:50:02 PM »
Great narrative and I am there with you in my mind.
Yes it is hot there at present isn't it but on the beach you'll be cooled off.
Have a wonderful time.

Offline Natman+Sparksdad

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: August 14, 2019, 11:14:23 AM »
Thank you, maggisaes

Ate in Brusko last night. Four fabulous dishes (not all mine, I sampled OH and the kids). The Lamb Gastra was delicious. Noisy on the strip, Tribute act at the Thomas Bay, Live singer at Bar 38 and music from Zorbas seemed to be competing. Power cut was the eventual winner. Audience at Thomas Bay finished song off for the artist which was a nice touch.
Power restored within minutes.

This morning, I'm the first to wake so went for a walk. Village is just waking up as shops start to open for business. Wandered down to beach. Sea haze masks some of the islands and gives an indication of how warm today is going to be. A few early birds are already swimming in sea and on sunbeds. Head back via the bakery with bread and donuts for breakfast.
Yammas.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: August 14, 2019, 01:34:45 PM »
I have just got to get some Greek music on the go after reading that.

Offline Natman+Sparksdad

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: August 15, 2019, 11:33:45 AM »
Came back to the beach yesterday afternoon. The new bridge is a sturdy structure which won't be swept away by storms any time soon. Although, a storm is probably needed to refresh the stream. The bridge spans what is mostly stagnant water (earlier we looked for terrapins further upstream but couldn't bear the smell).
The light breeze earlier in the day had grown much stronger turning the millpond that I saw first thing into choppy waters. Wave after white-topped waves were rolling ashore. Great for body boarding.
Popped into the new San Stefanos Travel office. Very nice. Booked a couple of trips for later.
Usual pre dinner cocktail at 3W' s. Margarita asked where we were going to eat. Conversation went along the lines of;

Me: Not sure, but I know it will be good.
Margarita: True, all the restaurants are good. People ask me where is a good place to eat and I can't honestly say anywhere is better than anywhere else.

In all the holidays that we have had here, I cannot think of a meal that we have not enjoyed. With that in mind, we decided to try the new Mythos restaurant. Not disappointed. The service was friendly and we didn't have to wait long for our food. The Lamb on Spit simply fell off the bone. Our other dishes were equally rewarding.
Bars were busy with people watching the football.

Today has started with a cooling breeze and a clear sky.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: August 15, 2019, 05:33:51 PM »
Great review thank you :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: August 15, 2019, 05:36:30 PM »
Can someone clean the beach webcam please 8)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: August 15, 2019, 08:02:45 PM »
I find that if there is a problem with a meal you need only have a quiet word and all is put right with apologies and usually a drink.

Offline Natman+Sparksdad

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: August 16, 2019, 10:09:15 AM »
Yesterday's breeze turned into something stronger. Even here at the Jasmine which is quite sheltered, a couple of sunbeds tried to jump in the pool when a gust took hold. By midday, there was a thin cloud cover and it felt much cooler. Took advantage by having a long walk with several refreshment stops. As we had been snacking most of the day (a Gyros here, a waffle there - why not?), We decided not to have a large dinner. Wind was still strong in the evening and plenty of places had their roller screens/blinds down to offer a little shelter.
Joined in with 3W quiz night. Appreciate the effort that goes into this. We came joint first! (Lost on 2nd tie-break, but won't mention that). Wind had dropped as we headed back. Forecast is for more wind today. Boat trip cancelled/postponed.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni