Author Topic: Boring  (Read 20618 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Boring
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 06:13:38 PM »
If seriously bored, try learning Greek. This site is GOOD:

http://www.greekpod101.com

Love the Word of the Day emails. Trouble is, I'm a silly old fart, and I can't remember them the next day!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 07:31:14 PM »
Might give that a try this Winter, I've tried various methods over the years. Did three years of evening classes ,but that was about twenty seven years ago and they stopped the classes due to lack of pupils.
I've got the Rosetta Stone language course which is OK .It gets more difficult to learn a language the older you are but I can still remember the French and German I learned in school, wonder why that is?
Anyway I feel so inadequate with my limited Greek when all our Corfu friends speak such good English.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 10:39:10 AM »
Yes age is against you when learning a new language..spent the last 3 years 2 mornings a week learning Dutch.Not an easy language especially when sat amongst  Turks, Morocans, Bulgarians, Slovakians, Syrians , very happy to have a Phillapino who spoke English..
Now i teach my 3 year oĺd grandson English as they will learn french , english and german at school plus their own mother tongue..Puts us Brits to shame.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 06:48:21 PM »
Good for you Rilo keep at it. Your Grandson is lucky to learn so many languages,children soak knowledge up like a sponge and what he learns now will stay with him for life.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 11:27:15 PM »
Yes Dupnica.They put a lot of effort here in Belgium to learn languages.As Belgium is bordered by France and Germany its classed as a mother tongue along with Dutch as we live in East Flanders, an yes English is a world language..
It makes a big difference when you can communicate in another language and the locals appriciate you make the effort even if its not perfect..

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni