Author Topic: Romanza Hotel  (Read 28369 times)

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Romanza Hotel
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 11:37:50 AM »
Imagine the Romanza PR Function being flagrantly caught reserving loungers German-style!!

I agree with Jaxbubbles, one of the things we loved about San Stef ( 4 years at Olgas) is we never experienced any of the sun bed 'land grab' behaviour described on this post. Well done Rod for exposing this.

But, my oh my, ........by the hotel's head of PR. Abuse of position I'd say.....even allowing for the 'mea culpa'  ;)

YANNIS26

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 02:02:08 PM »
Imagine the Romanza PR Function being flagrantly caught reserving loungers German-style!!

I agree with Jaxbubbles, one of the things we loved about San Stef ( 4 years at Olgas) is we never experienced any of the sun bed 'land grab' behaviour described on this post. Well done Rod for exposing this.

But, my oh my, ........by the hotel's head of PR. Abuse of position I'd say.....even allowing for the 'mea culpa'  ;)

Good one Lofty but do you not realise that this only goes to prove that the Romanza pool is by far the most popular in the village.Another resounding success for the Romanza PR Dept.
To quote Brendan Behan
There is no bad publicity except your obituary.
This part of the posting is not to be taken seriousely but the following is.
I have tendered my resignation from the forum with immediate effect.Believe me it has nothing to do with the sunbeds, or shall we be honest & say it may have been the straw that broke the camels back.I joined to exchange views with like minded people to support the wonderful village of San Stefanos.This over the years has become more & more difficult to do.I continuousely find myself at odds with certain members & to have a reasoned debate was becoming extremely difficult.I do not intend to name names it could even be my fault.One thing is certain I may have left the forum but hopefully I will return to this wonderful village for many years to come.
One final word of advice to you all.Get back to basics & post relevant info in the main pages of the forum.Use the members only section for general chitchat that is of no interest whatsover to none members.My final words of advice are for all members to support each other  & not to be thinking where can I score the next Brownie point at a fellow members expense.
Goodbye to you all, despite everything there has been some good times .
Yammas
Yiannis
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 03:05:06 PM by YIANNIS26 »

Offline julied

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 03:45:43 PM »
Yiannis

Please dont leave the forum you have been more than helpful to me, I feel that these people are trying to wind you up
when they should be promoting the good things about San Stefanos.
Like you I will put my towel on a sunbed when I visit in August as I will no doubt be the first to go to breakfast as I am an
early riser too.

I would not like to think I had to walk up and down the hill to visit someone elses pool while visitors have their bums on
sunbeds that should be given to the people staying at the Romanza.

Please dont leave I thoroughly enjoy your postings

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 05:13:48 PM »
Unnecessary, unjustified and racist comments Lofty, WIND YER NECK IN

This forum needs members like Yiannis, others???
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 05:18:03 PM by Waspman »

Gavlah1973

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 06:03:41 PM »
The Romanza is a bit different from other places due to the location.  This makes it more of a pool based hol than other hotels meaning the sunbeds will be in high demand!!
This year at the Tsaros most folk definitely headed off to the beach. Id say a much higher % than when we stayed at the Romanza last time

YANNIS26

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 06:34:25 PM »
Yiannis

Please dont leave the forum you have been more than helpful to me, I feel that these people are trying to wind you up
when they should be promoting the good things about San Stefanos.
Like you I will put my towel on a sunbed when I visit in August as I will no doubt be the first to go to breakfast as I am an
early riser too.

I would not like to think I had to walk up and down the hill to visit someone elses pool while visitors have their bums on
sunbeds that should be given to the people staying at the Romanza.

Please dont leave I thoroughly enjoy your postings

Hi Julie
Thanks for your support.As I have said before I was only too happy to help.Have a great time at the Romanza.
I have just confirmed my resignation with Cerys so this in all probability will be my last post.
Yammas
Yiannis

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 06:36:32 PM »
Bye Yiannis.

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 06:51:52 PM »
I've found a lot of your posts very helpful Yiannis, it's a real shame you've felt a bit pushed out.  It's such a lovely forum after all...heated discussions about sunbed saving seems so unnecessary!

I bet poor Rod wishes he never mentioned it!!

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 07:11:50 PM »
Unfortunately it's something that upsets a lot of people have to say never had a problem in San Stefanos with it.Had it in Zante where 3 large families did it and left poor Granny minding the empty beds until after lunch most days.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 07:18:43 PM »
I've found a lot of your posts very helpful Yiannis, it's a real shame you've felt a bit pushed out.  It's such a lovely forum after all...heated discussions about sunbed saving seems so unnecessary!

I bet poor Rod wishes he never mentioned it!!

Georgie, quite the opposite.  It was something I had to get off my chest and an issue that needed raising, warning future guests about the possibility of not being able to have a relaxing holiday by the pool had to be said.  I may have just been unlucky, being that time of the year or whatever.  For the record, I thought Yiannis contributed some good stuff on this board.  The wife and I also spoke to Yiannis on holiday and expressed our feelings regarding the sunbeds.  It was all quite amicable actually.  This is certainly not a witch hunt.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2013, 07:38:26 PM »
It's getting even better than the kumquat wars!

Ian has taken his towel and left the forum. George has accused David of racism.

Romanza is obviously heading for being the next Benidorm series.

My personal view is that poaching free sunbeds is antisocial: we pay for our sunbeds on the beach and consequently have a right to them. Free sunbeds should not be available for long term claim. It's arrogant and selfish behaviour.  
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 12:02:42 AM by Jimbo »

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 07:57:23 PM »
Georgie, quite the opposite.  It was something I had to get off my chest and an issue that needed raising, warning future guests about the possibility of not being able to have a relaxing holiday by the pool had to be said.  I may have just been unlucky, being that time of the year or whatever.  For the record, I thought Yiannis contributed some good stuff on this board.  The wife and I also spoke to Yiannis on holiday and expressed our feelings regarding the sunbeds.  It was all quite amicable actually.  This is certainly not a witch hunt.

Don't get me wrong, Rod, I wasn't saying your post was unnecessary, was just a shame the conversation had to turn sour that was all.

YANNIS26

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 08:03:01 PM »
Hi Rod
As my membership has not yet been cancelled I guess I should take this oppourtunity to clarify one minor detail of our discuussion.It took place very early in the holiday & was the only one.Yes it was amicable but I strongly disagree that any reference was made to sunbeds.Do you honestly believe I am the sort of person that once made aware of your concerns would have blatently ignored them.Also why did you not mention this discussion in your original posting.
Yammas
Yiannis
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:25:37 PM by YIANNIS26 »

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 08:26:14 PM »
Hi Rod
As my membership has not yet been cancelled I guess I should take this oppourtunity to clarify one minor detail of our discuussion.I agree it was amicable but I strongly disagree that any reference was made to sunbeds.Do you honestly believe I am the sort of person that once made aware of your concerns would have blatently ignored them.
Yammas
Yiannis

Yiannis, your memory is going.  You could'nt wait to tell the rest of your gang about our confidential little chat.  Your EXACT words were "they (me and wifey) dont like me putting towels on beds".  You also excused your sunbed booking exploits due to the fact that that you were sitting on or nearby the aforementioned sunbeds.  We also discussed your frustrations and apathy towards the San Stef forum and the wife taking the mickey out of your name (she still refers to you as Ian).  Honestly, we still remember.  I have no idea as to what kind of personanality you have by the way and this is not a personal attack.  However, I do know that you are the kind of person who books sunbeds en masse.  (Did I really type that last sentence)?

You do realise Jimbo is getting great material for his new book/tv programme from these ramblings dont you?

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 08:32:41 PM »
Good on you for being a man and bringing up the subject face to face Rod! Even if a satisfactory solution wasn't reached, atleast you tried!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni