Author Topic: Fedra Mare  (Read 22197 times)

Gavlah1973

Re: Fedra Mare
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 09:24:59 PM »
Must admit I was a bit put out!!

We are ready to book but it does feel slightly like my monies not good enough!!

It was a nice enough email but I was a bit taken aback considering they have full availability!!

Complete contrast to the Romanza who have said they would be happy to take the booking and I'd only have to pay 100 euro deposit to secure the room.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 11:13:31 PM »
More likely Gav's reputation has gone before him.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 07:11:49 PM »
It seems a strange practice? How long would you have to wait before you are at the front of the queue? By then everywhere else may be full. As far as I can see Gavlah, you have taken the only possible action.

Offline Vincemac

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 07:23:03 PM »
Must admit I was a bit put out!!

We are ready to book but it does feel slightly like my monies not good enough!!

It was a nice enough email but I was a bit taken aback considering they have full availability!!

Complete contrast to the Romanza who have said they would be happy to take the booking and I'd only have to pay 100 euro deposit to secure the room.
gav go up and speak to them next week face to face then they will have met you and know you are serious

Gavlah1973

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 08:48:11 PM »
I would have paid the deposit there and then by bank transfer! That's how serious I was!!!
The Romanza has lots of repeat visitors and they also have only a few rooms that they will sell direct however they were more than accommodating.
Think we'll book those flights and also look at Perros whilst we are there next week!

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 08:57:33 PM »
I would definately recommend the Perros. Such a friendly, accommodating family and great rates these days aswell.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 09:12:52 PM »
Cheers.

You never know we might like the Tsaros that much we book with them!!

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 09:23:47 PM »
Cheers.

You never know we might like the Tsaros that much we book with them!!

It's definately possible!

Be sure to visit the Perros though, Nicola, Stefanos and co are great people and the hotel is always immaculate. They will happily show you the rooms too, the 2 bed apartment is great for 1 child families like yours and mine Gav! Very competitively priced too!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 01:04:50 AM »
The Perros is fantastic especially for kids.  A truly friendly place ran very well and brilliant service by Nicola when booking.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 01:53:24 AM »
Gav, let sleeping dogs lie. life is too short!! Have a great time enjoying the nipper's first time in San Stef

Sand between the toes,  child's laughter, hot sun, friendly village.......anything else is not worth the bother.

Have a good one!

Offline Googleberry1811

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2013, 06:02:50 PM »
Hi Gav 

I've just been reading your post regarding Fedra Mare and we've just come back from 2 weeks there. I can understand why you would feel a bit put out but I dont think things come across as they should in email. I got married whilst I was over there this time and we booked all but 2 of their apartments, whilst there I found out that Charitini had told some of the regulars that they would have to wait to book until she had confirmed my dates. I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that because they dont advertise through tour operators they depend on the 'regulars' for the majority of their income throughout the season and they have to tread a thin line to keep everyone happy with the balance of people who go back year after year and 'newbies'.

We actually saw more new faces this year than ever before and I know that their response has obviously come as a disappointment but I wouldn't write them off completely. They are truly lovely people who would bend over backwards to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible.

Anyway thats my thought for the day :) Whatever you end up doing I hope you have a fantastic time :)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 07:07:08 PM »
Totally agree Googleberry

I'm a regular (this will be our 7th visit next month) and I've often had to take the weeks that were available to us as it does get booked up very quickly. Many people, us included, book for the following year when there. We'll be hoping to do so this year but accept that with so many regulars and newbies to accomodate we may be disappointed.

If you read the reviews for the Fedra on Tripadvisor you will see that comments relating to last summer are mosty from new customers. So its not all regulars, not by any stretch of the imagination.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013, 08:15:12 PM »
Agree with googleberry and Tredegar boy - we went last year for the first time and asked about this year for our son (who stayed there last year) wedding.  Because we need beginning of August we had to wait to see - she (Hari) juggled and juggled to give us an apartment and a studio this year - taken by our son and daughter and their families and we and other family are staying at Christina's.  Can't hear a bad word said about this lovely couple at Fedra!  They will do anything they can for old and new customers. I think their genuinity showed in their reply to Gavlah

Gavlah1973

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2013, 09:40:23 PM »
I'm not saying they aren't genuine and I've already said it was a nice enough email.
You only have to read the TA reviews to see how highly customers rate them.

However...... they are  are running a hotel and I'm someone who wants to stay in that hotel. They have vacancies but yet I can't book!! I understand they view the regulars as valued friends but I was more surprised than anything that I couldn't spend my money!
We've just booked our flights today and I can't afford to wait till the end of August on the off chance they may have a room!
We are in the resort next week and will be having a look at some apartments etc for next year's hols!

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2013, 10:42:32 PM »
Take a walk up to the Perros and look at the 2 bedroomed apartment Gav! Stefanos will be happy to show you around and I'm sure you will love it! (Very good price aswell)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni