Author Topic: Opening Up!  (Read 29856 times)

Offline gillyW

• View Profile
Re: Opening Up!
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 11:59:09 PM »
Glad to hear we'll have the usual group of the Little Prince fan club joining us in June - our group is split this year between Theodosia, Maria & Peli's and Terezas Today's glorious weather reminds us of sun, sea and friendly chats to come in San Stefanos soon.
Andy thanks for the update, although a little worried to read about the path over to Arillas - I might have to re-think my usual circular early morning walk!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2013, 03:42:29 AM »
Thanks Andy - enjoyed your reports.... well done..
Which old gift shop has San Stefanos Car Hire moved into - is it the one next door??
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2013, 12:22:38 PM »
If San Stefanos Car Hire has moved into Sophia's Gift Shop, I suppose the new souvlaki place will be in the Car Hire place?
And I was wondering, there's a ceramic studio opening, which says it's at the corner of the road to the Athina, is that where the ice cream place was?

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2013, 02:50:17 PM »
At the corner is Hippopots a ceramic gift shop & studio where you can buy/paint and learn to throw.

Next to them is an ice cream parlour also selling crepes.

and then the mini market all next to each other opposite the road leading down to the beach across from Athens Bar.

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2013, 02:48:02 AM »
Arrived home yesterday after a great week in Corfu, the Easter Weekend was quiet in San Stef, many of the locals using it as an excuse (dont blame them) to open a few days late.

The Athens Bar, Tasty Corner and Kalami Bar all planned to open yesterday (Tuesday) and Zorbes on Friday, by the weekend San Stef will be in full swing with the Little Prince full from Friday night onwards.

Hopefully the beach will be sorted soon but they have their work cut out!

We spent all our evenings at the Little Prince but on Easter Sunday we went to a 'Lamb On The Spit' Easter Celebration at the Rose Garden which was a marathon 11 hour eating and drinking session with Greek Music/dancing and loads of fun, Kiki, Pipina and Dimitri were great hosts and it was lovely to see locals and visitors enjoying the celebrations together. Thomas Bay and Nafsika were doing similar events so the Village worked hard to ensure visitors felt part of the Easter occassion.

The weather was remarkably good, I recorded a temperature of 30c in the shade on Monday which is a level normally seen only in July and August in San Stef and under sunny skies it was great lying out at the Little Prince pool which we had mostly to ourselves.

One other piece of news, the old San Stefano car hire is soon to be a Travel Agent selling trips etc while the extended unit will be a Giros outlet, that part of the main street is looking very different.

Prices are the same as last year so its again excellent value with a two course meal with wine in the Little Prince for less than 15euro and even less than that if you go for a special.

Shame we missed opening night in the Athens Bar, Nikos was busy getting the bar ready and was inviting regulars in to 'sample' the drinks in advance of the big opening night, he has lost none of his zest for life!

We spoke to the owner of the Villa we rented in Kassiopi before going to San Stef and told him we were moving on to San Stef North West, he replied "ah yes San Stephanos, my friend has a pizza place there, very friendly people"

I couldnt have put it better myself :)

Andy
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:51:19 AM by Andy7 »

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2013, 10:53:42 AM »
Thanks for the updates Andy!

Was there any mention of the sunbeds making an appearance on the beach yet or is there still lots of clearing up to do? Hopefully they will be out by the time we arrive later in the month.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:00:31 PM by D@G »

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2013, 11:34:13 AM »
Thanks Andy great to hear how things are opening up glad you had a good time sounds like the celebration at Rose Gardens was hard work but guess you just had to do it to be sociable ha ha

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2013, 08:28:53 PM »
Thanks for the updates Andy!

Was there any mention of the sunbirds making an appearance on the beach yet or is there still lots of clearing up to do? Hopefully they will be out by the time we arrive later in the month.

No sign of sunbeds yet and the beach is such a mess it probably wouldnt be worth it, however, now Easter is over they should get the beach sorted. I went on May 17th last year and all sunbeds were out so you should be OK.

Andy

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2013, 02:00:33 AM »
Given that it is very early in the season, and prices will go up, do we expect any significant cost increase this year?

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2013, 01:39:10 AM »
Given that it is very early in the season, and prices will go up, do we expect any significant cost increase this year?

No, the prices are now set for the season.

No increase even in July/August and its cracking value.

Andy

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2013, 10:43:31 AM »
Is there anywhere in the village not yet open?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2013, 08:46:34 PM »
well done Andy - good stuff as usual... enjoying reading while sunning it in Tenerife...
Tony
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni