Author Topic: San Stefanos Thoughts  (Read 6035 times)

Offline mythos2

• View Profile
San Stefanos Thoughts
« on: July 06, 2013, 02:56:17 PM »
We've just had two glorious weeks in San Stefanos.  The weather was odd and seeing people wearing coats at night was new for us considering the time of the year.  It didn't matter though.  The lower temperature during the day meant more time on the beach.  We found some great eating houses, bars etc.  I'll do a more in depth review shortly but just to say what a great place.  We stayed at Barras Apartments which were fine [leaking kettle though] but in a nutshell best two bars we found would have to be El Greco and Summer Dreams.  Top restaurant would have to be Fantasea although others came close. 
More to follow.

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: San Stefanos Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 04:04:40 PM »
Well done Mythos 2 that is the first time I have seen anyone give summer dreams a good mention.
I like the bar there first port of call of the day walk down the beach get a paper from Marias call at summer dreams on way back pint and read the paper.
H A S

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 07:00:24 PM »
Thanks for your report. Looking forward to more
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 11:01:10 PM »
Really looking forward to your report. We went in Summer Dreams a few times last year and liked it but there were never many people in there

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 01:15:54 PM »
We always have a lunchtime Mythos in Summer Dream, and have eaten lunch there a few times.
The sardines are delicious, and are served with chips and salad, so quite a lot for the middle of the day!

Offline Vincemac

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 05:42:27 PM »
First time in San steff smashing resort plenty places to eat and drink price wise I would say is fine good value at some places.due to the cold weather at night we did not try the sea view eating places.  Iam quite sure we have missed some good nights.never the less we had some really good nights.thomas bay and bar 38 together with our family of 14 favourite the  CONDOR.eating out was very good also I may add keep to the traditional Greek menus and you can't go wrong. We found the steakes to be of poor quality.we ate at Barras which was fine George and his staff did us well.yannis. Very good Zorbas also very good but our best was two star good food good service and free wine.although everywhere was good service and the people working the resort where faultless.overall a super holiday with my family met up with gav pam and Mckenzie I hope you enjoy your many return visits to San steff.as for us although truly enjoyed out time with those lovely people we will not be retuning.i know you can't rely on the weather but we have been to Corfu may June July August and September and have encountered too may days bad weather infact this time the sea was to cold to enjioy as was the pool the first nine days.never mind that's just me and my wife's personal opinion.still all who go to San steff will have a warm welcome.wonderful people and wonderful resort. I will keep on reading this forum with interest . May I finally say it was nice to meet a very true and honest man in gav bye bye all.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:18:53 AM by Vincemac »

Gavlah1973

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 06:40:22 PM »
Vince

Thanks for those lovely words!!! It was also good to meet you and your family.
It qas lovely to see yoy enjoying that big family meal in Zorbas.
Know what you mean about that wind..... it was lovely down at Fantasea once that wind droppedbut it did take a week into the hol to even contemplate sitting down there!!

Make sure you keep popping on here from time to time as your experiences will be valuable to future visitors!!

(By the way im still recovering from that landing! !)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni