Author Topic: Nappies!!!!!  (Read 7249 times)

Gavlah1973

Nappies!!!!!
« on: March 24, 2013, 09:52:46 PM »
This will be our first time to San Stef with the little man in tow....... anybody any idea if the supermarkets in San Stef have a decent stock of nappies?!
Don't fancy lugging a load of em with me

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Nappies!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 11:12:44 PM »
Hi Gav. Yes the supermarkets had a very good supply last year and I'm not surprised because they were VERY expensive, worse than that, they were a complete rip off. I'm talking about the Greek version aswell, not imported uk nappies.

Bit of a tip. Buy a couple of packs in the uk before you pack your cases and insert them randomly around your cases individually. Also use them to wrap any bottles or breakables in. That way you avoid having to pay silly prices in resort and have ready made 'bubble wrap' for your breakables. :)

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 12:57:16 PM »
Sound advice from D@g Gav. In the past for self catering holidays we have had to be creative with our hand luggage, by buying the maximum size and lightest case cabin bags,you can be quite clever with the extra space and the 5 kilos usually allowed. Buy the nappies here and invest your euros in heavy seaside plant hire such as buckets ,spades fishing nets etc. Be prepared for some regression therapy!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 01:16:50 PM »
The old flannel nappies were useful when travelling. I once smuggled a new camera through the Tanzania/Zambia border sealed in a bag at the bottom of a plastic nappy bucket filled with dirty nappies with the lid on. This had been in the car boot for four days in temperatures in the 90s. You can imagine what it was like when the customs officer opened the lid! He did not investigate any further!!!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 01:37:16 PM »
The old flannel nappies were useful when travelling. I once smuggled a new camera through the Tanzania/Zambia border sealed in a bag at the bottom of a plastic nappy bucket filled with dirty nappies with the lid on. This had been in the car boot for four days in temperatures in the 90s. You can imagine what it was like when the customs officer opened the lid! He did not investigate any further!!!

Ha ha you lunatic...... bet it smelt similar to the old outhouses on Hessle Rd!!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 01:53:00 PM »
Good advice. Was kinda gonna take a pack and put it in the case as suggested.  I reckon we need 4 a day x 14 days so circa 60 nappies so would just be buying as a back up. Suppose I could just dump him in the pool at the Tsaros and let him let rip all day!!  :P

Offline Denise

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 03:13:11 PM »
Oh Yuk. Floaters.

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 04:15:11 PM »
Spotted a notice at the Thomas Bay pool last year,
"Please do not enter the pool if you have diarrhoea "......who would?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 05:20:25 PM »
Actually,Gav, it reminded me of Wakefield.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 05:51:54 PM »
Lovely place Jim!!!

He's actually got a good track record in the bath etc...... only had one accident!! Of course I got pam to come and clean it up!

Offline Rob.tc

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 06:37:59 PM »
Gav
Dependent on where you are flying from there is usually a Boots in departures and you may well be able to buy nappies there at uk prices and take them on to the plane without them counting as any sort of luggage.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 02:20:55 AM »
If you do run out and are going through or to Sidari anytime - there are two large supermarkets there that are much cheaper - - but lots of stuff is dearer than the UK
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni