Author Topic: Ryan Air  (Read 16448 times)

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan Air
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 11:05:15 PM »
Hi Lesley.normally if they are not in their already recomended lists they will add them if you give a review.I can help if needed.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 01:00:25 AM »
I don't think TA is too keen on actual owners registering, because it's meant to be a review site. What you need is to prod people on the forum who have, for example, had a great meal at Olympia, or a wonderful stay at X or Y, to join and review the place.

As TA keep sending me emails saying thousands of people have loved my reviews of Little Prince and Nafsika and I only need to write another one to reach heroic reviewer status (or whatever unpaid wonderfulness they're offering), I could write a generic review of Ag Stef. It takes up to a week for them to be approved.

Still - as the (less than perfect) ITV series keeps confusing San Stef and Ag Stef NE - there will be loads of expensive yachts parked in the bay next year and plenty of people going around saying "Gosh, Daphne - the tuna salad at the Mango Bar was succulent beyond belief" and "That Dimitris at Little Prince is a jolly good egg."

Lesley - it's 54oF and raining here at the moment, unlike - oh dear, 61oF and raining in Ag Stef! Count your blessings, and your bean sprouts. Inshala, as the Arabs say, we'll bring more goodies next year.

Heard about half an hour ago that the new science fiction novelette I finished writing beside the Nafsika pool in October has been accepted and published in January. It doesn't have anything to do with Corfu and Ag Stef, apart from the fact that there are fishes in blue water, and it's a VERY long way from everywhere else!

Love to all.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 06:54:36 PM »
Jimbo fab news re novelette and the inspiration of SS no doubt with a few krasi's and Metaxa's.

Well a very sunny day today here earlier we went upto our friends cafe bar NR Arillas and were able to sit outside (19-21c) over a few glasses of wine, getting chilly now so will light the log fire this evening to take that famous Corfu damp chill off.......

Now re TA its a sort of catch 22 situ it seems. Another lady in another resort having same prob so has actually posted on the TA forum.  Friends and families and guests been writing reviews but seem to go into 'cyberspace' okay a backlog perhaps of 2 weeks but this is now weekly ongoing since May/June time.

Would just be nice to have an overall snapshot of what's available in Corfu, SS and other resorts as well.......

Tonight as the suns dips its a traditional Greek menu for us this evening which will be baked beans in toms, onions, etc in oven served with some mummy in laws feta, fresh bread baked in the little ole breadmaker earlier (althu that was hit and miss as we didn't have an lekkie today from 08.00 - 14.00) as they are putting in new pylons on the 'new road' and again tomorrow no lekkie. So whom knows you may see a new road next summer!!!!!

Love to Gilly........

L.A and Aris xxxx 8)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 07:00:59 PM »
Thank you Rilo, that's most kind.

The ones needing would be:-

Accommodation

Silver Moon (next to Stamatis)
Villa Leo
Villa Panorama
Andy's Apartments (did get him listed but cant get a review of photos posted so far, this is on going  now from 2011).  Originally he was listed on the other Agios Stefanos NE he is now on the SS list.
Dimitra
Jasmine

3 W's bar
El Greco

Am sure there is plenty others too for SS.

In other resorts there is also a long list which I am working on with other forums.

So if anyone could assist please let me know.

Many thanks, Lesley

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 10:39:10 PM »
 Hi Lesley. does the village have street names? for eg, i just tried to review silvermoon, gave all details but didnt give a street name.
It wont allow the review. Been to ss so many times, never think if the streets have names.
Went onto google earth but no luck there.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 02:51:26 AM »
Just make them up. I suggest:

West Street - runs from Tasty Corner to the beach (that's a bit boring - maybe The Way Of The Three Beauties would be better)
Arillas Road - runs from Tasty Corner up to Arillas via 3Ws
Via Avliotes - runs from Tasty Corner up cardiac hill to err Avliotes
Harbour Road - runs from Margarita's to the harbour
Avenue des Tennis Courts
Place Glenn - runs from Athens Bar to Delfino Blue
Condor Way - runs from the Condor Bar to Athina

Feel free!!!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 05:55:20 PM »
Ah hah so that could be the key to the mystery, street names know never thought of that, suppose as there aren't any I understanding, but yes beach road, port road, hill road North, central avenue, Arillas road etc etc.... oh now lets see what we can do.

I did also notice as I managed to get Beach Combers set up there is now another Beachcombers, so the one  I set up has photos and quite a few reviews and the new one has 2 reviews and no photos, so how does that happen, not sure if an email will work to TA but will give it a go as well.

many thanks all.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 06:46:15 PM »
I would think that naming the roads in Greek would be a pleasant pastime in Avliotes kafeions over the winter.

Odos (or Dromos) Paralia for the beach road?

or may be just call them all Odos Spiros - covers the whole island!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 08:00:15 PM »
Just a thought if anyone does review Silver Moon there is Silver Moon as in bar, pool etc in front of and part of Stamatis Apartments and then there is Silver Moon Studios which are the studios next door to Stamatis apartments, to confuse even more!! All owned and run by Stamatis ???

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 09:35:58 PM »
 thats a good idea jimbo, will keep the locals busy over the winter.dont think its right we give the street names.
Having said this, how would you give a street name lets say for Peli&Marias and many others that are not on a street.Maybe we can just use the post code.
Will look into this further.
On another note, google earth is a good place to be registered again dont have any knowledge of how to do this.cant be too difficult im sure.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 11:09:57 PM »
Post Code is 49081, mind you that's the post code for the most part of north/NW.  Corfu Town is 49100.

Owners name is another good one (for this area) as most are Mouzakitis or Avlonitis with a few variations thrown in.

Oh dear......anyway keeping me occupied these quiet Corfu evenings.....

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2012, 01:43:34 AM »
It's going to be a hell of a problem producing San Stefanos Monopoly.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni