Author Topic: San Stefanos on TV - Thursday 11th Oct - ITV1  (Read 63297 times)

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: San Stefanos on TV - Thursday 11th Oct - ITV1
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2012, 10:44:28 AM »
Well Jimbo, we are all entitled to our opinions and views, be they on a single episode or a complete series.

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2012, 10:38:28 PM »
So far I have really enjoyed the series and it can only help tourism to Corfu particularly San Stef weddings!

However, some of the negative comments on the forum about the residents of NE Corfu are unfounded, Gill and I have stayed in some lovely Villas on the NE Coast and we find the locals and holidaymakers in Kassiopi, Avlaki and Agios Stefanos friendly and not at all 'stuck up''

The Villa owners bring much needed money to the Island and often visit out of season when most San stef visitors have gone home, this brings an extended season to places like Kassiopi where Tavernas are open from March to November. We visited Kassiopi at Easter 2011 and it was buzzing, full of Villa owners getting their pads ready for summer and spending lots of money in the process.

Villa owners contribute massively to the Corfu economy and this is welcomed by Corfu people who benefit from the money they bring in.

Lets face it, if we all had the money to buy a Villa in NE Corfu we probably would!

So while San Stef will always be our favourite, I think we should celebrate Corfu's diverse visitors and the ITV programme does this very well.

Andy 

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2012, 03:17:40 PM »
Episode 3 tonight folks. I'm lead to beleive that SS features again tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2012, 01:46:11 AM »
Did I hear correctly, before I turned it off, that Corfu is 'an island in the Med'?

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2012, 02:16:03 AM »
Lovely Noula!

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2012, 02:19:03 AM »
Did I hear correctly, before I turned it off, that Corfu is 'an island in the Med'?

We all know that corfu isn't in the med but its not the first or last time you will hear it said.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_islands_in_the_Mediterranean#section_2
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:22:01 AM by D@G »

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2012, 02:30:31 AM »
But, if you are making a serious programme about Corfu, would you establish in which sea the island was?

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2012, 03:05:36 AM »
I think your splitting hairs for the sake of an argument tbh rover. It's pretty obvious you don't agree with the making of the documentary on Corfu from your posts in this thread.

Im honestly surprised if this is the first time you have heard of Corfu (or any Greek island) being in the Mediterranean. We all know it is in the Ionian Sea, but the whole region, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Albania, Croatia, North Africa etc is very often said to be Mediterranean.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2012, 03:20:01 AM »
The Ionian, Adriatic, Aegean and so forth are just subdivisions of the Mediterranean, just as the North Sea is really a kind of county in the Atlantic.

Corfu is in the Mediterranean.

Does anybody have a definition of where the Adriatic/Ionian boundary is? The northern part of Corfu may perhaps have escaped the rule of Epiros!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 03:21:53 AM by Jimbo »

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2012, 03:33:38 AM »
Oh my goodness there are so many more serious bloody awful things happening in the world - are we really getting in a tiz about a documentary getting a fact wrong?!?! I'm sure it's happened before and will happen again!

It's just a harmless programme about an island we all love, now enjoy it!!

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2012, 12:23:18 PM »
Georgie, you are right! My wife has also chastised me for getting upset about trivia. I shall make no further posts regarding this programme about an island in the Med.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2012, 12:28:29 PM »
Stunning scenery on last night's episode and re-watched on Utube over a frappe this morning on the patio...... 8)

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2012, 03:30:33 PM »
We watched the first episode at the weekend and enjoyed the show. A good plug for SS travel. We had to laugh at the ex-pat ordering food from Tesco to save money. In many ways that is no different to the holiday makers bringing some of their own provisions from the UK as it's too dear to buy in resort.

The kebab cafe owner echoed what we experienced this month in Tenerife where locals were saying takings for the year (on a year on year basis) are just getting lower and lower.

Looking forward to catching up on the rest of the series now.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:36:02 PM by loftyscot »

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2012, 11:26:38 PM »
We just watched the third part tonight and have thoroughly enjoyed all the episodes. Looking forward to the next one. :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2012, 12:02:19 AM »
We managed to watch the first two episodes while on another holiday in Dalyan, we watched it streamed on the iPad - - - after returning from meal and drinks,
great end to an evening!! The girls from San Stef Travel looked great as usual!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni