Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Out and About

Best Place to watch the Sunset

(1/12) > >>

Martin:
Every year after spending the day soaking up the sun we like to go up to the Casa Delfino to watch the sun go down, however this year we fancy going somewhere different any suggestions?

don:
The best shots I have had were from the Romanza... pre-digital days OR Manthos taverna. Manthos is my preferred location as there is always some prop to use.. The boat on the beach.. A man fishing off the old harbour.. See my gallery. Look forward to seeing your shots.

Jules:
We  love watching the sunset from Teresa as we are getting ready to go out. Really makes you feel good. :)

Martin:

--- Quote from: don on May 08, 2008, 11:57:15 PM ---The best shots I have had were from the Romanza... pre-digital days OR Manthos taverna. Manthos is my preferred location as there is always some prop to use.. The boat on the beach.. A man fishing off the old harbour.. See my gallery. Look forward to seeing your shots.

--- End quote ---

Never considered the Manthos taverna strange really as we got the details of the Fedra Mare apartments from the gent who owns the place, and it will be directlty opposite from were we are staying.

tonyco1:
Hi Ian

I always take sunset shots, every year I try to get a better one, I have tried pictures all the above places as well.
My best couple of pictures were taken from the following;

The road about 300 metres past the Romanza heading out of town towards Avliotes.
I managed to capture a fishing boat just entering the 'Red' suns beam - still a great shot on an older camera.

Athena Hotel, stand just to the right of the wall above the pool by the walkway down to the Beach,
get the pool in the foreground - looks great and can appear to be an extension of the beach.

The Road side near the Church is also a good place to get a special shot, or over the new harbour as well.
I treated myself to a new camera this year - so hoping to get that better picture again.    8)
Have fun
Tony C

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version