Author Topic: OTC drugs in Corfu?  (Read 6369 times)

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
OTC drugs in Corfu?
« on: June 08, 2012, 01:36:16 AM »
Weird question but I am currently suffering with an impacted wisdom tooth which will not be pulled until after my holiday. If i get another tooth/gum infection whilst I'm in San Stef can I buy amoxicillin OTC in the pharmacy-I know some European countires are more relaxed about prescription only drugs than us (I promise I'm not a junkie, just too mean to pay privately to have the tooth pulled now!) 

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: OTC drugs in Corfu?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 01:40:16 AM »
Can you not get them before you go if you explain your circumstance to your doctor/ dentist
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 03:19:45 PM »
There's a good pharmacy in Avliotes, but make sure you take you European Health Insurance Card.
I've used this pharmacy before and it is so much cheaper with the EHIC.

Offline Soulie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;0/st/20111113/e/1st+hol+to+San+Stef/dt/5/k/87d5/event.png[/img]
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 09:41:42 PM »
Get some painkillers from your doctor and some antibiotics from your dentist (doctor wont give you antibiotics for your tooth - or they didnt when I had an abscess).  You must get sorted before you go as the pain from this will drive you mad if you havent got yourself sorted.  I really feel for you.  There is nothing worse than bad toothache.

I had an abscess one year before I went on holiday - begged the dentist to pull it out the day before I went but still suffered for about 4 days afterwards.   If I had found someone who would sell me drugs to have knocked me out, I would have bought them I can tell you, never known pain like it.

Good luck  :)

Offline whitespirit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 07:26:06 PM »
there is a good dentist in sadari,english speaking.i went there a few years ago when i broke a tooth,very cheap,and the filling lasted a good few  years.There is also a pharmacy in aviolites,where i brought some antibotics cream and that was very cheap. Good Luck, u dont want to be in pain.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni