Author Topic: Norwich Airport Development Fee  (Read 16314 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Norwich Airport Development Fee
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 07:04:53 PM »
I assume the local papers and radio will have covered this? If not, prod them!

Ask what development is planned, the costs, the time-line, what progress has so far been achieved, what revenues have been raised by the existing ADT, and where the revenues have gone.

These questions should also be raised to Norwich City Council. Following that, start a "Don't Fly From Norwich" campaign and tell the local press and radio. They'll love it (I'm speaking as an ex-Local Radio News Producer). That will start loads of letters and phone-ins. Questions will be asked. Before it all gets too embarrassing, they'll repent and return to the more modest fiver. However, if they have merely offset the income against costs NCC will as stake-holders be complicit in misrepresentation of the fees' purpose. Oh the joy!

Suggest big banner at the next televised Norwich City footy match saying "Canaries Don't Fly From Norwich."

Trust me - I used to be very good at this!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 01:47:08 AM »
This always seems to end up with the prices going up faster than the planes!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 07:04:24 PM »
Ha! Now the airport posts a pre tax loss of Ł618,000 despite rising passenger numbers, but blamed it on the ash cloud and last winters severe weather. Wonder what the effect on passenger numbers now this iniquitous imposition will have?? Suggestion; scrap it altogether and see if numbers go up, because it now does away with the advantage NIA had over Stansted or Luton/ Andrew Bell take a pay cut.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline tenbeech

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 07:21:13 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me if Mr Bell suggested putting the A D F  up again to cover the loss     Very short-sighted thinking     
Adventure before dementia

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni