Author Topic: Winding down  (Read 61244 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Winding down
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2011, 01:25:18 AM »
I've got a good corkscrew so I'm in

Getting out can be a problem!

Still, good ideas coming in for what we might call an Oktovriosfest - ten days of art, music, dancing and booze. Shaping up nicely.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2011, 02:43:43 PM »
Who is??
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2011, 05:38:52 PM »
Who is??

Care to expand on that a little? Best answer I can give is "a rock band."

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2011, 06:46:58 PM »
Andy - you've been rehearsing this scenario already! "Decrepancies" hovers ambiguously between decrepit and discrepant.

Good plot start. Half-cut Midlander has disappeared in the night. Gorgeous queen bee is sitting at her usual table in Little Prince while admiring courtiers come to pay homage. After four hours she notices that there's a strange absence. Could he have been attacked by Vlad, the Scary Big Black Dog? Could he have been abducted into the Yellow Building by Albanian squatters? Is he in Nafsika discussing the economy with Speros? Is he lying semi-conscious in the little stream below the wooden bridge on the beach? Is he downing shots of Raki with Nikos in the Athens Bar and raving on about his personal reasons for denying the overwhelming evidence for climate change? Has he broken into the Romanza kitchen to steal Kumquat marmalade?

Or has he staggered up to bed?

Exciting stuff!!!

;D ;D ;D Very Good Jimbo cheered me up no end

Andy

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:48:34 PM by Gillywoo »

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2011, 06:52:46 PM »
The last holiday flights by TUI and Thomas Cook leave Corfu for the UK on Monday, anyone on them?

Any Taverna's still left open in San Stef this weekend? It must seem eerily quiet in the fading light of Autumn.

184 days till the 2012 season :'( :'(

Andy

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2011, 08:28:19 AM »
Well guys and girls. I just spent a fair bit of time reading the whole thread - very good and thanks to all,
a few smiles along the way - nice one!

I returned from India after 3 weeks, nice and brown, fully recharged for the winter ahead.
Fairly fit as we did loads of walking and I lost over a stone with Delhi-belly.
The local quack in Goa told me it was due to my Malaria tablets,
but my GP gave me anti-biotics for gut infections on monday, after 2 weeks taking an immodium every morning,
so I escaped the Indian hole-in-the-floor squat loo in the beach huts, and I went back to normal in 2 days.
We had sun every day and between 30-40C.,

Yesterday afternoon I had an accident in the park walking my dogs, when I put my foot down a rabbit hole and fell heavily.
I injured my Left ankle, right arm and shoulder, wrist and top muscle on my left arm, my right knee and my hip.
I had kyle with me (Grandson age 5) and all the dogs and I couldn't get up, off my knees, 10 mins later a passer-by assisted
and I hobbled back to the car, Just my luck, being on nights this week, I felt obliged to drag myself into work.
The pain-killers are wearing off as I write this and I still have to try and shop at Tesco's on the way back or no food!

Yes - right now I could do with 30C. of heat, and a chinese massage, but on Ag. Stef Beach and a lazy few days without the Dehli-Belly
but with the great food of Corfu.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2011, 01:39:25 PM »
Tony wishing you well and a speedy recovery and relaxing weekend......

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2011, 01:57:01 AM »
Tony - get better! Didn't anybody tell you that exercise is really dangerous! We're all going "ouch!" for you.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2011, 12:57:42 PM »
Hope you are feeling better soon.xx
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2011, 01:22:50 PM »
Does nobody care about the poor family of rabbits who have had the entrance to their home wrecked?

On a serious note be careful out there. Get well Tony.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »
On another note as this post was origionally about 'winding down' - just to say most of the holiday companies customers will be leaving us in Agios (San) Stefanos tomorrow and it has been a lovely half term holiday week for those whom visited this area this late in the season.  Hubby and I were out an about today and whilst we were dressed somewhat for the forthcoming winter approaching we enjoyed fab temps around 21c again today, (had to take our jackets off) - bright blue skies overhead and above the sun shone down brightly over the coastal areas.  Wishing all a very happy winter and countdown to rejoining us all again next summer.  And of course a happy Halloween. I have made via this website and met some great people via the forum this summer and looking forward to seeing you all again next summer......... 8)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2011, 05:42:30 PM »
It certainly looked a beautiful day on the webcam this morning. There was a misty grey drizzle falling here.

Maybe I should, on behalf of all of us, say an enormous "thank you" to those of you in Ag Stef who have made 2011 not just a year of record sunshine, but also a year when so many of us have enjoyed the warmth, welcome and friendship of people from apartment owners, to bus drivers, to beach-bed attendants, to pool-bar waiters, to hidden cooks and visible dancers, to mini-market and other shop owners. In fact to everybody who helps to make it the place we come back to again again.

Please give us late season report on how the St Spiridon name-day parties go on December 12th.

don

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2011, 05:46:16 PM »
Well put Jimbo. Our thoughts exactly.

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2011, 09:49:14 PM »
Thanks Jim that says it all

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2011, 10:52:04 AM »
I'll add to that. Our hosts were all wonderful again this year, and we hope they have a relaxing & rewarding rest.

7 months is a long rest too!

Tony

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni