Author Topic: Promotional TV for Corfu  (Read 8595 times)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Promotional TV for Corfu
« on: March 01, 2012, 07:37:20 PM »
Hi all,

I was contacted recently from UK concerning a documentary programme for Corfu which is going to be filmed here during the early part of the summer 2012 for ITV for possible exposure later on in the year for the future.

The producer is looking for a new slant on promoting Corfu which would be all areas of the island including our little haven here in the NW.

Apart from the slant of holidaymakers enjoying their holidays in Corfu and Agios Stefanos amongst all other areas on the island they are looking for some unusual stories such as are you retiring here, getting married here this summer, opening a new business, buying a home, renovating a home etc ......Do you have a story to tell about the love you have of Corfu, your love, the people etc and really they are open to suggestions.

The producer will be here end of March and I can filter any ideas through to him by a p.m. via me or on here or if any one has any open ideas to share then please post.

Thank you for reading this post and I look forward to hearing from you.....

Lesleyann

Gavlah1973

Re: Promotional TV for Corfu
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:39:18 PM »
I can see this being similar to Cornwall with Caroline Quentin doing the narration!!

Lets just hope Big Boris or 'the girls' arent on there hols at the time of filming

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 10:50:49 PM »
Yes, Gav. Boris and 'the girls' indeed. My Big Fat Alabanian Gypsy Wedding meets Don't Tell The Brides.

On a slightly more serious note our own resident scripwriter should be involved. Lets campaign for JIMBO to write the show!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 03:32:13 AM »
Hey, lofty, will you be my agent?

I suspect that they have their own team!

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 10:03:35 AM »
But will that team be the BEST team. C'Mon Lesley tell them about oot Jimbo. A Hazel-esqe still show would be perfect, or When Jimbo Met Boris :D

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 03:06:34 PM »
Hi Lesley.... is it not worth mentioning the extraordinary high numbers of repeat visitors to san stefanos??
We have never, in 30 years of travel, encountered a place where there are as many return visitors and some of them been coming back for decades!!! Surely that is a story worth covering in itself especially some of the second generation repeaters??
I'm sure we've read somewhere that some places have 70% returns - our favourite Romanza falls into this category I'm sure.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 04:17:55 PM »
We've had a great feedback so far.  The name of the guy to be contacted for any stories to be considered is Matt Pelly, his email address is Matt.Pelly@gmail.com so please contact him for anything you feel may be of interest to be the best for Corfu, they will be filming all of Corfu and are particularly interested in anyone of the following.  They arrive here end of March for a few months, starting off with Easter celebrations which incidentally next year are later so many more may be able to participate and enjoy.

Items looking for now being:-

Starting a business here?
A wedding here this summer?
Retiring here?

They are also interested in holidaymakers who have stories to tell of their love for the island and are looking at other slants on tourism to promote Corfu.

Anyway all info can be found via Facebook as well on the CLN facebook page and more info on the detailed information on this page.

Thank you for everyone who has pm'd me so far if I haven't replied it means I didn't get your pm so you can always email me directly on: info@corfuselections.com

Great news that UK is looking towards promoting our island for the future seasons.

Lesley x

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 10:15:35 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback the UK press have actually printed now via the Broadcast News Press paper they are coming here so any more ideas more than welcome........
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:00:55 PM by Lesley »

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni