Author Topic: Cost of UK Transfer - the sometimes forgotten costs in a Holiday!  (Read 5270 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
I was looking at the various options for Airport transfer as I always do.
This year my party is 6 Adults a child and an infant, not just the 2 of us.

By car - = 2 x Cars at £107 each plus fuel for an hour each way journey - - - - Around £245 + extra travelling time for the Car park transfer.
by National express = return fares for the Party from Heathrow - (plus you have to get there first) - - - £260.60
I did a few quote online for a mini-bus average £270 - £280.
I called a local car company - via their Mini bus - £200 including meet & greet on return - so this looks like my best option.

Anyone else get a better quote, or better Idea? (yes I know someone - family/friend can drop you off - but 8 of us and luggage???).

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

Re: Cost of UK Transfer - the sometimes forgotten costs in a Holiday!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 05:58:51 PM »
We pay £65:00 return home to Manchester Airport. Around £1.00 per mile and stress free. We can cope with that. Reminds me to confirm our booking for tomorrow!

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 06:36:57 PM »
We live in Manchester but are fling from Leeds as worked out about £300 cheaper. Have got a deal from a local taxi firm of £50 each way which seems ok to me bearing in mind the cost of car parking, fuel and the inconvenience i would have had of not being able to have a few shandys on the flight home!!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 06:48:21 PM »
We live in Wakefield now but used to live around 5 miles from Leeds/Bradford. I remember once coming back from Dublin to our old house and we hopped in a taxi who had just got the contract for the airport.......£15 for 6 miles!!! Scandal!!

R/J/N......I hope you're driver is aware it now costs £2 just to drop off at Leeds......even if you just literally pay him and get out!!

There's been reports of taxi driver unfamiliar to the airport asking the passenger to suddenly to cough up the £2 fee!

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »
I can't think of anyhting else Tony. My experience of these issues in the London area tends to be is that it is expensive. £200 for door to door with 8 and luggage is decent for a one hour trip. We are about £40 taxi for 16 miles to Edinburgh airport (half an hour average).

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 01:11:30 AM »
I wish our taxi was only about £1 per mile to Manchester airport and we live less than 15 miles away. We usually pay about £30.00 each way.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 01:24:47 AM »
Well - I think we will book the minibus and it seems the price is pretty good for London!
Thanks all!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni