Author Topic: lost touch  (Read 5920 times)

Offline lizzie

• SanStef Addict
  • hair by Patricia - San Stefanos
    • View Profile
lost touch
« on: December 27, 2010, 11:42:19 AM »
 :-[
       PLease get back to me i've just remembered you.

You have a son about 5 years now. he could not understand why i was not on holidaybut lived in san stefanos

LIZZIE

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: lost touch
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 11:45:56 AM »
Hi to:
peter and Joan who we met in 1983 and pal'd up with, (Joan's sister also went there).
Peter had a great sense of humour and quietly swapped my glass of Brandy and sprite for a glass of olive oil during a Greek night - & yes I did!! - nearly choked!! LOL
Joan and Peter had been a few times already by then, & great friends with Manthos - anyone remember them?

Tony and Doreen who we met in 1984 and haven't been for a while - are you going back any-time soon??

If you read this get in touch - - Tony & Linda (Young and nubile in those days!!).
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 11:27:06 PM »
When we first visited we met Maureen and Paul from Birmingham. Met them again the next year. Not seen them since. Maureen worked at M&S and Paul was something to do with exhibition stands. Would love to catch up with them.
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 12:39:32 PM »
Hi Lizzie

Yes, I think you remember us. we sat next to each other on the airport bus from the airplane to the terminal in Corfu. Our son Ewan was trying to work out why someone from Scotland would live in SS (as if !). If memory serves me right you had got a seat on the Thomson coach to SS and we were heading for a taxi.

Hope you are well and all the best for 2011.

Offline Kernock

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 02:47:46 PM »
Tony, I thought I had the answer to your query about Peter and Joan.  Joan was Peter's Skinnard's first wife and I thought they may have been out in SS prior to him marrying Shelagh.  Peter went out there first in the mid '70's and has spent a total of well over a year of his time in the village at all times of the year.  He has been responsible for taking many folk from our village out there over the years, including our family in 1988 and now we have been out there on 25 occasions and are regularly joined by our children and grandchildren. So, another generation follows.

As a Notary solicitor, Peter has helped many ex pat's and locals over the years with all types of legal matters and would very much like to hear from any of his many friends who he has met over the years.  Most of his time is spent in the old part of SS and Manthos and family have been his friend for many years.  He is celebrates his 80th on Wednesday of this week and, to mark this, we have produced for him a photo of the SS bay from east to west that is 150 cm (about 5ft in old money) long for him to hang up on the wall and remember the happy times.  There are many days that will be memorable over his years there and some, possibly following the most memorable, of which he will have no memory!  We are also making up a little booklet with varying comments from his many friends in SS and giving him this with a few photos of the time there.  If there are any of you who remember this octigenarian, please add a note on the Forum and I will attach them.

And, yes, he will be back there this year, maybe going a bit lighter on the Ouzo but spending just as much time in the Tavernas just chatting and enjoying the atmosphere that you all know so well.

PS. If any one would like a copy of the photo of the bay, my daughter would be very willing to have it copied.  She can get it produced and delivered for £40 and £10 of this will go to the Adoption Friends association in Plymouth.  We are going out to SS in May and will give one to Manthos to hang up and you can have a view of it there in his Taverna.  Sorry I cannot show a j peg of this.  My knowledge of doing this kind of thing is limited.  Perhaps there is someone out there who can help.

Offline lizzie

• SanStef Addict
  • hair by Patricia - San Stefanos
    • View Profile
Re: loftyscot
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 12:42:28 PM »

I'm pleased to hear from you .Hope you had a good " festive season".
        Yes that was me going for a Thomson bus , never again. It cost £15 against 50e for a taxi but took 4 hours to get to San Stefanos.
         Going back in Feb. via Athens . Eayjet flights not starting 'till March but i have to go earlier.

HEALTH & HAPPINESS TO ALL Maybe see you this year ??

WHAES LIKE US----DAMN FEW   
LIZZIE

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 07:44:33 PM »
Hi Lizzie, thank you, we return to SS on Fri 15 July, this time flying from Edi - hurray! We are going back to Olga's and now, magically, its less than 200 days to go now:)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni