Author Topic: Coming back after 20 years  (Read 8687 times)

Offline Silver Fish

• View Profile
Coming back after 20 years
« on: September 21, 2010, 04:49:52 PM »
My wife and I are coming back to San Stefanos on 1st Oct after we first visited about 20 years ago....we stayed at Villa Voula at top of the hill and spent most of our days at Leo's bar around the pool - is it still there? The number of times I had to go  back up the hill during the day because my daughter had forgotten something - no wonder I had the body of a racing snake then!
We're staying at Stamatis this time so no hill.
It will be interesting to see how it's changed over the years.
We used to end our evenings by having a meal or drinks (usually both) at Sunset Taverna.....and then used to get a lift up the hill from the guys later!

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
  • 6th September. Staying at Jasmine pool bar
    • View Profile
Re: Coming back after 20 years
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 07:20:52 PM »
Hi Silver fish. We stayed at the sunset again in August it is such a lovely place to eat and sit and relax you are made so welcome by Spiro and Maria, and the hot chocolate before retiring to bed is amazing.
Hope you have a lovely time as im sure you will

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 09:52:55 PM »
Leo's Bar  is now the Thomas Bay Hotel and sadly - Leo passed away during the closed season this year.
His Brothers are still around, if you remember them.
We have been going for the last 27 years and it has changed a little each year, but still retains that charm you must remember.
Spiros took over from his Father Spiros at the Sunset, which is still as good to eat in as it was all those years ago!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Gavlah1973

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 10:23:25 PM »
Is the Sunset the one at the bottom of the hill? I was always meaning to eat in there one night but there was very rarely anyone in!

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
  • 6th September. Staying at Jasmine pool bar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 11:14:01 PM »
Yes Sunset is the taverna at the bottom of the hill. We stayed there again this year and ate there most evenings, some evening it was quiet but others quite busy, if you go back next year try it you won,t be dissapointed the food is very very nice and you are always made very welcome

Offline Silver Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 05:04:34 PM »
Great to hear that Sunset is still good....I remember taking a video of them all dancing on their Greek night and sending it to them...I wonder if they got it?
Sad to hear about Leo...I always wanted stuffed peppers at the pool bar and he never had any..he was always saying...tomorrow, tomorrow! Remember the Love Shack?
Can't wait to get there!

YANNIS26

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 06:53:59 PM »
Hi Silver Fish
Welcome to the forum.
The encosed links should update you on San Stefanos.
http://agiosstefanos.corfu360.net/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or This Link...

http://arillasmap.awardspace.com/googlemap/?item=145
Yammas
Yannis
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:06:59 PM by YANNIS26 »

Offline Silver Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 03:35:49 PM »
Thanks for links Yannis!

Can't wait for week Friday.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 02:23:38 AM »
Have a good time and call in to the Thomas Bay!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

joan

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 12:58:27 PM »
Great to hear that Sunset is still good....I remember taking a video of them all dancing on their Greek night and sending it to them...I wonder if they got it?
Sad to hear about Leo...I always wanted stuffed peppers at the pool bar and he never had any..he was always saying...tomorrow, tomorrow! Remember the Love Shack?
Can't wait to get there!

Hey Silver fish I could be on your video (fame at last...).  We were there when they began the greek nights, they used to ask ours and other peoples opinions on how to run them (see previous posts about sunset). We ate there several times this year and enjoyed all meals, prices were comparible, dad is around but does not serve anymore, enjoy your stay. :D

Offline Silver Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 02:17:41 PM »
I'll have to dig the videos out - I must have them somewhere - when I do I'll let you know - I've also got some pics of dancing as well which I intend to scan and post to my facebook account.

Offline Silver Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 05:21:44 PM »
Well we are back in San Stefanos...having a great time but wheres the sun gone today?

A couple of fellow guests are in need of a Samsung mobile phone charger they have left theirs at home! If you can help u can contact me, Jerry or them, Lorraine and Dee at Stamatis Apartments.

Im on +447861216474

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni