Author Topic: Teresa - again 2011  (Read 34666 times)

Gavlah1973

Re: Teresa - again 2011
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
I'm a bit torn regarding All Inc.

I've done it in Mexico and thought it was superb.....6 restaurants, 4 bars, proper measures of alcohol and great service.

In Egypt I thought it was ok, but just ok. Drinks in plastic cups, ok food but repetitive and staff still trying to sell you drinks despite being all inc.

Never done it in Europe although I did stop in a hotel in Majorca that did offer an all inc option. Everyone was complaining about the food standards and the state of the drinks. I've had friends tell me similar stories.

I think if you're going long haul then it's a good option as those hotels tend to be 'villages' in their own right in the middle of nowhere. The only time I think it would appeal in Europe was if I had a young family or I picked up a holiday ridiculously cheap!!

For me, holidays......particularly Greek holidays are all about the different tavernas and food

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 04:26:09 AM »
We have had some very disappointing A/I Hotels in Europe, they seem to encourage the rough crowd who just want to get blotto,
or the very rude Russian contingent, who shove everyone out of their way.
A/I - go upmarket!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Gavlah1973

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 08:19:59 PM »
My boss has just got back from Crete All Inc. He said the hotel (as in rooms, design, pools etc) was lovely however the food was just ok and the Russians were terrible!!! Swanning about flashing the cash (despite it being All Inc)

I agree....All Inc = Go Upmarket

don

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 12:05:53 AM »
Been AI in Europe, Egypt and West Indies.............. Would possibly do it again in the West Indies but nowhere closer. Bad food. Watery drinks. Drunks. Boors. - Everything that SS isn't. Amen !

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 12:41:18 AM »
heard too many bad stories about AI and like eating in resort so would never go AI  unless it was a real bargain and not my main holiday!

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 12:06:49 AM »
Gee whiz guys, many thanks for filling me with anticipation.

I bet we have a great time.

That said Tony, it might be our last 2nd holiday for a while now that gorgeous george osborne is whipping the child benefit from me. Bet old Clem Atlee would never have done that..... ;)

Now then, what about a Labour Party club in SS, there's an idea! It could sell Red Mousaaka, Chicken Left Wing, Leftado... :o

Gavlah1973

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 09:12:46 PM »
Gee whiz guys, many thanks for filling me with anticipation.

I bet we have a great time.

That said Tony, it might be our last 2nd holiday for a while now that gorgeous george osborne is whipping the child benefit from me. Bet old Clem Atlee would never have done that..... ;)

Now then, what about a Labour Party club in SS, there's an idea! It could sell Red Mousaaka, Chicken Left Wing, Leftado... :o

Dont get me going on the child benefit!! Was in the office and my boss (who will earn £50k) was carrying on about having his child benefit removed. He was waving his arms about and asking 'Whats the point of going to work' etc etc. HIs boss tapped him on the shoulder and reminded him that the point of him going to work is the aforementioned salary!!

We dont have kids so I had no idea who got what when it comes to benefits.......I was astounded when I realised that someone earning that much would get any benefits!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 04:05:13 AM »
I think we are slipping away from the real thread here, so to put it right!

Bl**dy Teresas, book there and lose your child benefit! (only joking Capt. Nikos!!).

Seriously though, I think Osborne is making a few errors here in the way this is being done!
Child benefit in my opinion should be paid if the combined income is £50k or less, over that - no! - or reduced on a sliding scale maybe.

Lets be honest - when Child Benefit (CB) was started, it was designed to help families bring up kids in a time when the population needed expanding, now no longer true.
It was designed to help the poor, to pay for the kids food and clothes etc. or even to be put in a post office account for the kids, if you could afford it.
In those days not many women in families worked either.

If we are even more honest, it shouldn't be a perk to pay for a second or third holiday, but I can understand it being viewed as a right, having paid National Insurance!
It was always part of a families income.

Even when my kids were young, and we received it, (and by god we needed it then), the value of it was probably less (in real terms) than it seems to be now.
I was not a high earner in those days at all, (not now either really), and both of us had to work to pay the mortgage with little left at the end of the week.
We relied on mum-in law to baby-sit so we could survive and not live on baked beans.

Holidays were out of the question for us for the first 7 years, and then it was a weeks camping for the next 5 years, then in the early eighties,
package holidays arrived in plenty, and we went abroad - three of those to Spain and in 1983 our first holiday in SS (not the kids), the next year we returned again -
this time with the kids thanks to a promotion at work, and every year since.

These days we have 2-3 holidays each year but we both work hard to do it and give up other things at times.

Truth is we shouldn't forget which Chancellor of the Exchequer it was, who wrecked our economy, spent the Country's reserves,
and put us in deep "pooh" (or high credit), before we complain.  Sadly, it was all covered up in spin and stealth so no one really realised until too late.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 03:01:57 PM »
Yes, getting back to the thread, thanks for all your goodwill by sharing your All Inc experiences in Europe, this fills me with joy before we fly to Fuertenventura next Sat.

Not long before we relax in the Wilson suite at Atlee Towers. I'll enjoy a pint of John Smith. Better go before I put my Foot in it any more....

Enjoy the banter gents.... ::)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 02:02:25 AM »
Hey Lofty - have a pint for me and a great holiday - think I need one again already!! LOL

Offline Denise

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2010, 06:37:39 PM »
We've just booked a fortnight in the Tereza.
We were looking at the Nafsica at first, but didn't want to go half board as we love trying different tavernas etc.
The reviews for the Tereza looked good so it's booked!
We're going on the 19th of August and I'm excited already. SS looks absolutely beautiful and we love the quieter, friendly
areas of the Greek islands. We've been to several islands but we've never been to Corfu. I like the Ionians and it's a
shorter flight than a lot of them too. I'm not a keen flyer. We went to Kos this year staying at a 5* hotel for our 25th anniversary.
It was wonderful but we really missed the Greekness if you know what I mean!
So looking forward to reading what everyone has to say about the area  on here.
Denise

Offline sooz

• SanStef Regular
  • X
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 04:54:45 PM »
Denise, this was our first year in San Stef and we were hooked within hours of getting there!  Having previously stayed in Roda, Ag Spiridon and St George South, amongst others, we have alread booked to return next year.  We are staying at Mythos Apartments, same as this year.  I am sure you will love the whole of Corfu, it keeps drawing so many people back, year after year.
Sue and Richard
CORFU - I CAME, I SAW - IT CONQUERED!

Offline richnsare

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 07:05:29 PM »
only trouble is dont think theyle be able to get near thomsons prise as flights are to expensive we have booked for may and september next year for £670 in may and £650 in september this is in the self catering block for 2 people including transfer the prise in september is £100 less than this year To book flights seperate can cost more than £500 for 2 people

Hi Folks, definitely trying to get the thread back on topic!!  :)

jonyrebel - (or anyone else that have recently booked) would you mind telling us where you're flying from and how you managed to get the holiday for £650 in September? I guess it could be for just a week and also the benefit of booking 12 months in advance?

We're San Stef regulars and usually book independantly with the Perros hotel, but with the flight price and time changes we're contemplating booking a package with Thomson's this year. I'd rather book independantly and make sure money goes to the owners but we also want to try Theresas this year so might be forced into the package deal.

I wish we had a decent budget airline flying out of Birmingham to Corfu. We used Bristol a couple of years ago and had a great flight with Easyjet. Only to find they've changed their flight times this year (and last), so the Thomson flights from brum are better for us.

Thanks muchly.

Richard & Sarah.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 12:25:35 AM »
Richard and Sarah,

We booked ours September last year for September this year and we are paying £900.00 for a fortnight at Teresa self catering flying from Manchester
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline johny rebel

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 01:05:29 AM »
Hi richard and sarah we booked our holliday to teresa last july for 2 weeks on september 16th from leeds bradford for 650 self cattering To get these low prises you have to book 12 to 13 months in advance and look for the offers as the prises change nearly every other day You have to hold your nerve and go for what you think the rock bottom prise will be

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni