Author Topic: Hello there....  (Read 5428 times)

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Hello there....
« on: August 12, 2010, 05:14:22 PM »
My husband and I will be arriving soon for our first visit. We'll be staying at the Vicky Apts, so self-catering.

I've been lurking around this forum for a few days now, and I have a couple of questions.

What time do people normally eat in the evenings, and do you have to "dress up" to visit certain restaurants?

The reason for the last question is that last year in Ibiza, Duncan wore shorts when we went out at night to eat,

will that be OK in San Stefanos?

Reading all the comments here certainly made me sure we'd done the right thing booking to go to Corfu

I only wish we were going for two weeks, and not one!

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
  • 6th September. Staying at Jasmine pool bar
    • View Profile
Re: Hello there....
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 05:51:25 PM »
Hi IrisG. You do not need to dress up in SS my husband only ever wears shorts to go out in evenings. You
will love the Vicky the pool area is lovely and to watch the sunset from there is magic, we love sitting outside watching the sun go down.When are you going.
         Sunshine

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 06:31:17 PM »
Hello Sunshine, we arrive on the 30th of this month for a week.

The tickets have just been delivered, I can't wait! :)

YANNIS26

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 06:44:56 PM »
Hi IrisG
Welcome to the forum.Enjoy your holiday.
Yammas
Yannis

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 06:51:40 PM »
Yassou Iris, as the other posts - no need to dress up in Ag SS Stefanos, whatever takes your mood and the climate will be fine.  I would suggest though that sometimes long trousers are good as the mozzies always seem to go for my legs, hence I try to cover them in the evenings....... :D

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 09:27:14 PM »
Hi Iris G, like yourself we have found the forum really reassuring as we build up to our holidays. We have been to SS twice before, its the only time we have ever returned to the same place in all our years of travelling. We can only manage a week this year and we know we will have a great time at SS so we didn't take any risks with our precious week! Regarding dress codes, times etc we concur with the earlier  views, its such a relaxed and welcoming place whatever you decide will be fine by all concerned. However I would say that a lot of people do enjoy getting dressed up a little in the evening its a special place and its nice to see people dressed up for a night out.If I recall correctly ( others may clarify / disagree) most restaurants are busiest between 8 and 11. I dont recall too many places offering late night restaurant service. Many places are open late for drinks cocktails etc and other threads will clarify the type of entertainment on offer. Hope that helps I'm sure you will enjoy your time in SS

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 06:52:35 AM »
Hi Iris G,
Welcome!
Like the others, I would say it's a casual resort.
No one does the formal thing unless it's a wedding!, and then it's casual-formal!
In saying that, people use common sense and don't go without a t-shirt on to a restaurant,
but wear whatever is comfortable!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni