Author Topic: Supermarket prices  (Read 17891 times)

Offline Mikee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Supermarket prices
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 05:12:15 PM »
Home and Bargain have a good selection again very competetive prices, also jungle formula  mossie spray which I used earlier this year in Cape Verde( not the calypso brand) it smelt alright and seemed to work ok I didn't get bitten.

Yes thats good stuff, as is anything with a high concentrate of deet (not good on the lungs though) !!

Where were you in CV Joan .. Sal, I've been out there too .. no mozzies tho' when I was there
San Stefanos - here we come Summer 2010

joan

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 08:09:31 PM »
Hi Mikee

We went to Boa Vista in March and stayed at the Riu Karamboa which we really enjoyed, we were advised by reports from trip advisor to take spray with us as some people were reporting lots of bites. I think we were probably lucky ( Well definately a lot luckier than in SS) but some people did have a few bites, perhaps it's because there was a lot of greenery in the grounds,  possibly when these other people went it could have been humid at that  time of the year.

which hotel did  you stay in Sal and how was it? We just chilled out and walked both sides of the beaches because the weather was fabulous so we never got there, we did plan to go perhaps we may go again.It appears Riu are building another hotel at Santa Maria which should be interesting.

Regards J

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 02:56:14 AM »
Last year we had to buy tins of spaghetti and baked beans for our Grandson who can be a fussy eater, and at €1.80 a tin -
it was a bit of a joke, so when we went out in our hire car, we went to shop at the big Supermarket
at the crossroads in Sidari, and saved around 35% on the prices locally !
It just depends on your needs and how you view it.
We normally eat out, but last year was a touch different with all of the family there!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 07:35:08 PM »
We don't buy much from supermarket, just basics.  Water was 1.80 for 6 pack. Toilet roll 95 cents. Ran out of sun cream and Nivea factor 6 was 12 euros.  Higher factors were up to 15 euros.  cheaper to eat breakfast out we found. Cereals, biscuits etc are always expensive we find.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 04:53:22 AM »
I also find it easier and cheaper to eat out - especially breakfasts etc.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni