Author Topic: Self catering  (Read 8199 times)

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Self catering
« on: June 06, 2010, 09:21:46 PM »
Hi all, this will be our first experience of self catering staying  at Tsaros apartments. Can anyone tell me if toilet paper is provided and if not is it expensive to buy in resort? Also will towels for a shower be provided?

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Self catering
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 09:26:55 PM »
Yes and yes.  Sorry to be abrupt Lilly but is this a wind up?

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 09:33:40 PM »
hi Rod, no not a wind up. We have always stayed at hotels in the past and have no experience of self catering, thanks for answering my question.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 09:44:45 PM »
Sorry about that then Lilly.  My holiday would be ruined if there was no toilet paper in the apartment, just ask the wife.  On a serious note, although I have not personally stayed at the Tsaros apartments I'm sure many members on here will tell you lots about the place.  But if you want to talk about toilet habits............., sorry can't help myself sometimes.

don

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 11:29:37 PM »
Everywhere we've stayed in San Stef there is a loo roll provided. After that we've had to buy our own. Bathroom towels have always been provided.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »
We have always had the first loo roll supplied when we arrive but have had to buy any extras. We now always take our own - I squash them flat for packing.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 11:50:09 PM »
Jules....... I've just slurped my tea over a vision of you squashing toilet rolls..... Can see you and Tony as the mixed doubles gold medallists  London 2012!!  :o

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 01:02:47 AM »
Hi Lilly
On of the great things about this site is that someone will always have an answer to help. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 02:46:20 AM »
We would never even think of doing anything other than self-catering. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a loo-roll in the bathroom, but if it's a matter of concern, stick one in the suitcase.

Put some yoghurt in the fridge and get some peaches, apricots, honey, and first one up wanders along to the bakery to get some fresh, warm yeasty bread. Perfect!

I've stayed in some the of best hotels in the world (somebody else picking up the bill) and I wouldn't swap (say) having a lackey open every door for me in the Dolder Grand in Zurich with the pleasure of doing absolutely what we feel like, when we feel like it, in the wonderful morning and evening light.

Tea-bags. That's what we take. Tea-bags outside the UK are rubbish. We do like a nice cup of tea in the morning. It's quite hard to compute the exact number of tea-bags needed, and we will probably spend a few hours arguing, with calculator in hand.

So my advice is - those things that are vital, stick in the bag, just for the secure knowledge that you have them.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 02:48:30 AM »
My advice is take a pack of baby wipes - it backs up the loo paper and much nicer to use - and already squashed flat for the case!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 09:57:39 AM »
We take baby wipes for hand wipes by the pool. A big pack is more economical than actual hand wipes.

don

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 09:03:12 PM »
A small bottle of Antiseptic Hand Gel is great for beach and pool......

Gavlah1973

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 09:44:06 PM »
We went through around 4 of those Hand Gel things in our recent week in Egypt.......that was until the missus told me to stop drinking it!

I always seem to find an unoccompanied maids trollies at least a couple of times during the hols.....I help myself to a couple of rolls.....purely for research purposes of course

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 12:31:39 AM »
Personally - I always help myself to the maids!! LOL
In Egypt - it was less attractive to do so as the maids were hairy men!!

- - - - - - - and then I woke up!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni