Author Topic: transfers  (Read 54679 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: transfers
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2010, 09:35:19 PM »
I hope some other holiday makers will continue to post how the transfers by Thomsons are working, as I would hate to be on the SS - Arillas - SS roundabout run!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline julesr

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2010, 09:19:01 PM »
We have booked a transfer with Noula at ss travel, for this Friday. Our transfer is included but we had a such a good experience the last time we came 2 years ago, when the transfer wasn't included, we thought we would pay for a hassle free transfer. The driver was waitnig for us with a sign and we shared the mini bus ride (and cost) with another family. We went straight to the resort which took about 1 hour. We went to see Noula the next day to pay. Having children to consider I can't risk a 2-3 hour journey. 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2010, 02:35:53 AM »
We transferred via Noula last year, easy as pie!
Don't forget to tell the reps there, or the coach will be waiting for you for another hour!! LOL

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2010, 01:26:15 PM »
My mate went to Acharavi in June, and the coach got blocked somewhere near Sidari and it ended up with a fist fight between the driver and some locals(?), in total the transfer took over 4 hours!!
Perhaps Thomsons should reinstate one of their staff to a coach as they used to do instead of leaving it to the poor driver with just a hand scribbled list as has been of late!!
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2010, 12:07:56 AM »
When our children returned home in July after a week (we stayed on another few days) the First choice transfer coach got lost then broke down and the transfer took over 3 hours, at Corfu Airport they were rushed through departures and borded the plane just as it was leaving!

Awful.

Andy

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2010, 07:00:57 PM »
Whats the latest on transfers from and to the airport please/
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2010, 04:51:05 AM »
Yes Please - any good or bad reports please as Jules & Roy and Linda and I are going v/soon,
so this information will be v/useful!

Offline cdavies86

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2010, 04:03:33 PM »
Hiya all...

Flying out with Thomsons next Fri the 27th (package deal) and we land about 1pm all being well. Last time I'm sure the transfer with Thomsons took approx 2 hours (we dropped off in Agios Georgios I think?!) but not Sidari. Can anyone confirm that this is still the case this season? On Thomsons site its saying that transfers to the Athina take 2.5 hours!!

Don't want to be stuck on a bus for any longer than this, but the more I read this thread I'm worrying about other planes being delayed etc and us having to wait on the bus, and basically wasting our day!

I swear I'm never 'happy' unless I got something to worry about!!

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 04:05:23 PM by cdavies86 »

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2010, 04:22:09 PM »
Cdavies, we are going to SS this Friday. I am sure it did'nt state 2hrs 30 mins when we last visited in 2008, seems that the transfer time is now much longer. In 2006 we went to A.G North and it took us 90 minutes, 2008 to SS 2 hours. I don't think that there is anyway of knowing which route the coach will take on any given day, I think it is just pot luck. We spent along time on the coach in 2008 waiting for a family who did'nt bother to tell Thomsons rep that they had booked a private transfer, I got off the coach in the end for some fresh air, it was baking hot.

Offline cdavies86

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2010, 04:39:19 PM »
So it could well be 2.5 hours now, haven't been since 2006. We had a rep on our coach last time which really helped. She got us really excited by keeping on about the pool at the Athina and that we had made the right choice!!

Do you know if you can book private transfers (at an extra price of course) if your'e on a package deal? I know Thomsons want Ł99 for a one way taxi fare. No way will I pay that!!

Hope you have a great time, bet youre so excited. Tell the sun to keep shining hard till we get there  ;)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2010, 05:58:57 PM »
It's definatley not 99 pound each way for a private taxi, local taxis prebooked with a sign to meet you for 4 persons are around 55-60 euros each way.  Also think Noula (San Stefanos travel) does a minibus share for a reasonable price if there are others on same flight. Check out her website on san stefanos travel. Then there are websites such as holiday taxis.com and Vavroom who also do meet and greet at more reasonable price , than 99 pounds, as well.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2010, 06:45:55 PM »
Cdavies, like I say it is just pot luck.
We stayed at the Athina in 2008[really enjoyed our stay but said if we came back to SS we would go self catering]. There was no rep on the coach in 2008.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2010, 12:43:55 AM »
The Rep dosn't matter you know where you are going, book your flight and accom and the transfer plenty of taxis  - do to it all for you with no stress......

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2010, 12:50:13 AM »
Thomsons have not had reps for the last couple of years on the coaches for transfers. I asked someone who has been recently and it seems that the coach comes in through Sidari way as it did last year and down past the Romanza and into the village from there.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2010, 02:35:42 AM »
We have travelled independently and also as a package deal many times over the years.
It is without doubt, pure luck - get a good driver and the right mix of drop-offs and its quick, if not the max could be 2.5 hours, but that is a terrible transfer.
Our Average is around 1.5 hours by coach, Thomsons say the worst time so you have no complaint.
My quickest transfer was 45 mins in a Taxi!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni