Author Topic: This years prices  (Read 40791 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: This years prices
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 02:08:32 AM »
Don is re-designing Stokes Kit = Tartan stripes!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline lufcsahb

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 09:49:05 AM »
Leeds and Bradford airport here we come ;D

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 03:59:51 PM »
WOW They have a airport   :o

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 04:34:28 PM »
Aye, lad. We do have airports in Yorkshire. Loads of 'em. We've got more airports than most other counties. That's because it's a big bugger, your Yorkshire.

We're going from Robin Hood airport (Doncaster/Sheffield) a month today. They've just brought out a fillum to celebrate it. You can tell that Russel Crowe's not from Yorkshire. Where's his good Tetley's beer belly, for a start? He's from frigging Australia, which makes him eight times a southern idiot.

Flying from Yorkshire's a lot better experience, luv. They don't bring all that poncy southern perfume around - they just get off the sacred ground and trained Thomson's whippets come down the aisle and say "Aye oop, petal... d'ya want a drink with your Yorkshire pudding?"

Then you're off for a couple of weeks of foreign muck, with nerrie a chip buttie in sight (except in Sidari) and by heck, when that plane comes back flying over the muddy cart tracks, the pig pens, the gritty old mills, and the towering Pennines you know you're back in God's country and reet ready for a curry!

The aircrew are brilliant, too. You don't any of that fake posh "We'll be flying at an altitude of.." stuff. When you leave the sacred runway at Donny, he'll likely say "Reet you lot. First we're going oop, then we're going flat for a bit, then we're going down. Bit like Hull City."

When you're on final approach he'll probably say "We're just going over Barnsley - no need to panic, we'll be all reet when we scrape the pigeon shite of t' windscreen!"

Next year we're getting Air Yorkshire. The world's first low carbon-emission ferret-powered airline. Book now, but be warned - anybody from south of Donny goes to't back of queue!

Jim   

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 06:56:06 PM »
Jimbo

That were reet funny and i agree about Tetley belly (six pack my AR**) 1 keg will do me  ;D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 07:39:54 PM »
I agree that was funny. When I was reading I could almost imagine the accent ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 08:45:37 PM »
Welcome to the crew Jimbo - nice one!!
If you can laugh at yourself - yer'al'reet!!

But word of warning!! My 27 Relatives from Sydney are all as tough as Yorkshire Tea
and are on their way to put you one to the wise - being as Aussie is the wrong way OOP!
Sydney would theoritically, be in the North if it was in our hemisphere!! - if you get my drift!! so they are all Northerners!!
The Croc Kickers are coming!! Better run now!!

By the way  - My Dad's grandfather came from Stainland near Halifax - been there a few times now - nice country round there!!

YANNIS26

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 02:29:37 PM »
Welcome to the crew Jimbo - nice one!!
If you can laugh at yourself - yer'al'reet!!

But word of warning!! My 27 Relatives from Sydney are all as tough as Yorkshire Tea
and are on their way to put you one to the wise - being as Aussie is the wrong way OOP!
Sydney would theoritically, be in the North if it was in our hemisphere!! - if you get my drift!! so they are all Northerners!!
The Croc Kickers are coming!! Better run now!!

By the way  - My Dad's grandfather came from Stainland near Halifax - been there a few times now - nice country round there!!
Hi Tony
If you are really lucky you could have genuine Yorkshire blood in your veins.Your ancestors could have sailed to Australia with a Yorkshireman from my neck of the woods.Namely Captain James Cook. In fact you may be related to him.As Captain Cooks father was a Scot you could also be related to Don.
The mind boggles.
Yammas
Yannis

don

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2010, 08:51:23 PM »
Hi Tony
If you are really lucky you could have genuine Yorkshire blood in your veins.Your ancestors could have sailed to Australia with a Yorkshireman from my neck of the woods.Namely Captain James Cook. In fact you may be related to him.As Captain Cooks father was a Scot you could also be related to Don.
The mind boggles.
Yammas
Yannis

Wasn't Boggles a story book pilot who killed a radio star?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 08:51:36 PM »
The world just cannot be that small - fortunately!! LOL (Sorry Don  ;D ;D)!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2010, 09:49:30 PM »
I thought Boggles were those loos the Japanese use...

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2010, 10:54:41 PM »
Close Jim - ther's life there but not as we know it!!

Via Wickipedia:
In English folklore, a boggart (or bogart) is a household fairy (not Don this time!!), which causes things to disappear, milk to sour, and dogs to go lame. Always malevolent, the boggart will follow its family wherever they flee. In Northern England, at least, there was the belief that the boggart should never be named, for when the boggart was given a name, it would not be reasoned with nor persuaded, but would become uncontrollable and destructive.

It is said that the boggart crawls into people's beds at night and puts a clammy hand on their faces. Sometimes he strips the bedsheets off them. Sometimes a boggart will also pull on a person's ears. Hanging a horseshoe on the door of a house is said to keep a boggart away.

In the folklore of North-West England, boggarts live under bridges on dangerous sharp bends on roads, and it is considered bad luck for drivers not to offer their polite greetings as they cross.

The Scottish variant is the bogle (or boggle), or even a Don-bogel!!
(yes Don - you could be one!!). LOL

Offline lufcsahb

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2010, 11:04:57 AM »
Update from san stef...Ce and Katie ate at aussie oil last night and it was v good Katies shoulders burnt (but nose ok).. the staff at the Athina as delightfull as ever.. bit cloudy this morning though, but they watched the Rhinos yesterday so my tales of a "yorkshire heatwave" have been dashed >:(

YANNIS26

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2010, 02:05:41 PM »
I think I should define the term,the mind boggles.This is due to the fact there appears to be a certain amount of misunderstanding among our learned members.
It means to startle the mind with fright or amazement.
What could be more frightening.Not the fact that Tony & Don could be related.I think we would all agree that they deserve each other.
It is the unacceptable possibility that either one of them could have a single drop of proud Yorkshire blood in their veins.
It is with heavy heart and to avoid any chance of this I have had Captain James Cook reclassified as a Scot.
This action has the benifit of.
1 Maintaining the proud Yorkshire blood line and so keeping it where it belongs as the Premier County.
2 Keeping Tony & Don  north of the border and out of England thanks to Hadrians wall.There they can carry on their relationship and it will not be thought of as odd.
3 Ensuring freedom from their World Cup comments as they will no longer have any involvement.
Yammas
Yannis

« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 06:58:21 PM by YANNIS26 »

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2010, 07:43:04 PM »
After watching todays horror show against Japan what price would be available on us winning the Championship let alone the world cup?
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni