Author Topic: FORUM MEMBERS MEETING September - October 2010 at Ozzie Oils  (Read 27432 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: FORUM MEMBERS MEETING September - October 2010 at Ozzie Oils
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 04:47:34 PM »
Ok - we'll do that as well - meet at Glens Bar on the 1st at what time?
After diner - -say 10.00-10:30-ish?
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 09:01:41 PM »

Is that DINNER in the DINER cos nothing could be finer?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 01:45:35 AM »
Who's going to be there last week September - first week October?

I'm only asking this because this afternoon Satan (me) went to Eve (Gillie) and sayeth unto her "Lo, the weather is crap, the Tigers lost 4-0 to the Millwall scum, we've got colds, and however much Mythos you buy in Aldis, and how ever hard you chill it, it doesn't taste the same when it's fifteen hundred miles from the Ionian Sea."

And Eve sayeth "So what, you incredibly handsome devil that maketh my knees to tremble at the thought of your satanic snake?"

[Ed: the last bit's not strictly speaking true. She really just said "So?"]

And Satan sayeth unto her "There's a week at Little Prince late September going for £330. What about it?"

Eve, using her best private school voice, sayeth unto Satan "Don't be a prat!," and Satan was sad and hurt and started to walk away when Eve said "You can get two weeks for £346!"

Thus was Satan tempted by Eve, and fell - which is an ironic twist on an old story.

Later, Satan phoned Thomsons and said "If the first week is £330 and the second week is £16, can we just go for the second week?" Some people in call centres have no sense of humour.

So, if any of the faithful are there for that time, let's get together for an evening of drinks, good cheer, and Kumquat marmalade.  :D

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 02:38:05 AM »
Jimbo... Wish we could be there. As for right now.... Even with no alcohol we would still be rolling about laughing at that post..... Absolutely Fabulous!!!............................................ You didn't write that too?
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 03:25:03 AM »
I wish I had written AbFab... if I had we'd being staying at the Romanza with a driver on hand 24/7 to take us up the hill. Or maybe Yannis to give us a piggy-back.

No - I'll be working on my new screenplay called "Where is the beach?" It starts like this:

EXTERIOR BEACH - SAN STEFANOS - DAY

RALPH HIGGINBOTTOM is standing with his wife TRACEY on the terrace of the Havana Bar. His cloth cap is flapping in the stiff wind. He holds a tape measure in his hand.

RALPH: 'ay up! I swear the bugger's 2.76 centimetres narrower than it was when we here in 98.

TRACEY: Oh Ralph! Do give over. It's plenty wide enough and very long. Oooh - did I say that?

RALPH: Listen, petal - don't try to get round me that way! Some of those buggers in the forum are out here at six am every day with theodolites and lasers and whatever trying to get their fooking report in before me, and I'm not having it! This holiday's a complete disaster.

TRACEY: Do give over. It's only a beach.

RALPH: It's not just a beach! It's iconic, like. There are people on that forum who check the frigging web-cam every day in case the beach has got narrower and they'll have to cancel and got to Malaga instead. Lives are at stake here.

TRACEY: You've been in a bad mood ever since they wouldn't let you take your pigeons on't bloody plane at Doncaster.

Just work in progress.... 

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 12:20:23 PM »
Jimbo,

Unbelievable!  Had me chuckling away.  Mind you, I think you may have offended some people (sorry, let's not go there eh?)   ;)

YANNIS26

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 12:49:31 PM »
Hi Jimbo
Brilliant postings.As regards the hill to the Romanza you can have a piggy back anytime.
Yammas
Yannis

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 06:21:36 PM »
How can that offend? Very Good Jim!! LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 07:18:12 PM »
Great fun Jimbo :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 07:22:17 PM »
Ok 10  - 10:30 ish it is
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2010, 11:01:15 PM »
That's quite a compliment from Jules Jimbo. say 10.00-10:30-ish? As marks out of 5 go quite something!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 05:03:28 AM »
Funny funny funny - but lucky you - 2 more weeks in SS

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 04:40:06 PM »
Thanks to all for kind comments.

For research purposes I have just emailed Thomsons to ask if it is possible for me to take some carrier pigeons on the flight to Corfu from Doncaster - pointing out that there are lots of pigeon fanciers in Yorkshire who might be tempted by this opportunity. And in the UK as a whole there are 60,000! I will report any replies.

We could elevate SS into the pigeon-launching Cape Canaveral of the Mediterranean! It would be kind to let them start with a bit of altitude, so I suggest the Romanza as the launch centre. You can see the video in your mind - loads of beautiful birds at dawn pecking their way through piles of toast and Kumquat jam around the pool, and then a quick burst of "Play Bouzouki" on the stereo and they're off, winging their way into misty early morning light, over Mithraki and towards Italy on their long journey to Barnsley.

Some birds may like SS so much they'll leave their roosts and come back to SS year after year. Never heard of that before!

Oh - just got a reply from Thomsons saying it could be up to 14 days before they can answer my question because of huge email traffic. Aye oop - even teenage pigeons demand a netbook these days. 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010, 08:12:39 PM »
Thomson's Customer Service must have been upgraded then, but I hear all replies are now sent by Pigeon Post - watch out for any droppings!
No wonder they take so long!!

Offline skiingemu

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 01:42:20 AM »
Can
i ask is aqueouis bar & glenns same place?
Going tomorrow morning so off to bed soon as up early
can't wait

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni