Author Topic: Best bits about San Stefano? ..  (Read 33788 times)

Gavlah1973

Re: Best bits about San Stefano? ..
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 09:24:23 PM »
Must admit everytime I log onto here someone posts something that makes me look  forward to it that little bit more.

I think my best bit (apart from the lovely views from the Romanza) will be the food! Tony has put on some very very in depth reviews of lots of places.
My wife has always been a bit backwards in coming forward when it comes to food, she used to hate anything with a hint of spice and more complicated than beans on toast! When we went to Kefalonia a couple of years ago on honeymoon she threw her self headlong into the local food and loved it!
We ate at 10 different places over the fortnight and never had a bad meal. San Stef sounds very similar food wise and I cant wait!!

Just a week in Egypt to get through first!  :o

Just been told that I should be receiving a nice sales bonus for the first time in 2 years so that first pint of Mythos will taste all that bit better knowing the company has paid for the hols!

;D :D ;D :D ;D ;)

don

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 12:01:24 AM »
Think I am gonna be busy that fortnight .. looking forward to it now ... 3 MONTHS today !!

Arrive the same day . Will be in SS around midnight..... Luck permitting. Will have to meet for a drink.

YANNIS26

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 11:50:49 AM »
Hi Mikee
This is your chance to pass the final initiation test and enter the chosen few of the San Stefanos Forum.
The test is get Don to buy you a drink.
Yammas
Yannis

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 05:46:34 PM »
Hi Mikee,

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the walks.  If you like walking, take a look at local walks on this very site.  Its very informative.  My wife and I have done most of the short to medium walks and we are by no means "fitness freaks".  We just feel it blows the cobwebs away the next morning and the scenery is fascinating when you look around the resort from a different perspective.

But I must echo the other posts, the food is to die for.

Rod.

don

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 10:52:06 PM »
Alternative view from another forum :-

"Stayed in both.

NW: Full of chavs, felt quite souless too as the resort is quite spread out.

NE: Beautiful, yes food is more expensive but it is of a much better quality than the warmed up dishes available else where."

ColdMythos your opinion may get replied to here!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 10:53:53 PM by don »

YANNIS26

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 11:41:01 PM »
Do we regular visitors to San Stefanos really fit this description.Whoever wrote this rubbish makes a chav look intelligent.I do not think his type would recognise a COLD MYTHOS if he fell over one.I doubt they sell it in the wine bars he frequents.
Chav
 The Chav, or Burberry Trogladyte (to use the correct anthropological phrase), is a subspecies of the human race that has become unfortunately far too common, as they breed like rabbits. These creatures are easily distinguishable; they tend gather in groups in towns, particularly shopping precincts, they talk some kind of bastard dialect of their own devising, the most important words being ‘innit’, 'bruv' and 'bare'. Several variants of this have been identified and most contain elements of black American culture. This is in spite of the fact that there is no evidence that any chav has ever figured out how to cross the Atlantic. They tend to wear Adidas or Nike sports gear with white trainers and have baseball caps - frequently Burberry - permanently welded onto their heads at birth.

As well as the above traits, chavs somehow manage to completely destroy the concept of Natural Selection. If the world wasn't so messed up chavs would have died out a LONG time ago due to every single one sharing the same degree of extreme retardation. A terrorist attack is being planned on the Stella Artois and White Lightning plants to dump  loads of Digitalis into the supply of each drink so chavs will be exterminating themselves every time they send their mum to go buy their booze.
Yammas
YANNIS

don

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 12:25:18 AM »
Me thinks he walks round in Chav coloured glasses! Can't say that I've seen a Chav in San Stef.

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 01:18:07 AM »
Just seen that thread! See our erstwhile friend Keith loading the bullets! No change there then.
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2010, 01:41:57 AM »
Yannis, quality.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 05:00:34 AM »
Addendum to Yannis's view,
A chav  is a stereotypical prat, a youngish, (seen some in their 50's as well),  person in the United Kingdom.
The typical "chav"—known also as a charver in Yorkshire and North East England—is said to be an aggressive teenager, typically unemployed or of white / mixed race, working class background, who repeatedly engages in anti-social behaviour, such as street drinking, drug abuse and rowdiness, or other forms of juvenile delinquency, or Gang related.

A BBC TV documentary suggested that "chav" culture is an evolution of previous working-class youth subcultures associated with particular commercial clothing styles, such as mods, skinheads and casuals, but I think lack of education, poor parenting, and being clinically thick is nearer the mark!
The widespread use of the "chav" stereotype has come in for some criticism. Some argue that it amounts to simple snobbery and elitism, and that serious social problems such as Anti-Social Behaviour, teenage pregnancy, delinquency and underage drinking in low-income areas are not subjects for derision.

Critics of the term have argued that its users are "neo-snobs", and that its increasing popularity raises questions about how British society deals with social mobility and class.
In a February 2005 article in The Times, Julie Burchill argued that use of the word is a form of "social racism",
and that such "sneering" reveals more about the shortcomings of the "chav-haters" than those of their supposed victims.
Another writer under the pseudonym "El Zimmer", argued along similar lines in a 2007 article in The Guardian. I wonder who that really is??
It seems he is alive and Kicking and still "Sneering" himself, winding up as usual, at normal folk through every medium!! Also as you say - loading the bullets!!

I visited the other San Stefanos NE, last year - my opinion - very pretty, upmarket in some respects, mainly villas and the yacht set,  but not as nice and friendly as the NW version for a good and normal family holiday with a great Beach and lovely local people.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 12:13:51 PM »
Mikees

In addition to everything else that's been written here, a wander into ASPA supoermarket and a good ole chat with Sammy the Kickboxer is always a great way to get your spirits up. He's the most positive, cheery man about.

LILOLIL

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 12:45:45 PM »
Dont wish to get into any more arguments,about anything again only to discuss San Stefanos.
Agree sammy is a great bloke always have a good conversation with him,and always has a smile on his face.

YANNIS26

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 02:07:22 PM »
Dont wish to get into any more arguments,about anything again only to discuss San Stefanos.
Agree sammy is a great bloke always have a good conversation with him,and always has a smile on his face.
Hi Lilolil
You have a very  valid point.Lets draw a line under this and get back to the point of the forum.I know I took the bait but I managed to slip off the hook thanks to the sensible guidance shown in your posting.No forum member wants a repeat of last year.
Yammas
Yannis
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 02:12:19 PM by YANNIS26 »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 02:26:40 AM »
Good Point

The Sun setting over the Bay! Lovely!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1