Author Topic: Newby .. few questions ...  (Read 38737 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Newby .. few questions ...
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 10:41:17 PM »
hi tonyc   think you will have to book for me it cost us £1420 2 weeks for thomas bay inc insurance
See Yannis as well - good deal!
Ours is from Gatwick on a crappy flight, but we are not bothered by a night flight - done it many times.
Booked a late check-out inc. meals etc on flight.
So - -you can do it - but some airports also put the price up!!

We had great value for money!

Tony
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

YANNIS26

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 11:45:23 AM »
Yannis et al - it's BOOKED (a week later than planned) 25th JUNE - 9th JULY @ Romanza £920 all in  ;D

Will see you there the 2nd week of your hols then Yannis ... boy you guys better have painted the right
picture of this pardise bit of Corfu that is San Stefano  ;)  :P
Hi Mikee
Looking forward to meeting you.You will have a great time in San Stefanos.
If you need anymore information just post or p/m me.
Yammas
Yannis

Offline Mikee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 08:13:45 PM »
Yes Yannis - you'll be a bronzed Adonis by the time I get there

You'll recognise me .. the one that resembles a milk bottle  ;D
San Stefanos - here we come Summer 2010

don

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2010, 12:02:31 AM »
On Spaghetti ?

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2010, 10:35:04 AM »
Mikee,

I dont obviously know your personal tastes, but my wife and I love this resort.  We adore Greece and have been to a lot of the islands including the mainland and San Stef is way up there as one of our favourites.  The food choice and quality is second to none.  The resort itself is pretty relaxing and very friendly.  We love long walks and we found the area to be excellent with some stunning views.  To conclude and re-enforce the point, my wife will not stay ANYWHERE for longer than one week or perhaps ten days maximum, it was her idea to book again this year for TWO WEEKS.

Rod.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2010, 04:42:39 PM »
Good one Rod. Sometimes 2 weeks is not enough either lol!!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2010, 04:21:28 AM »
So right - I always want to do 3 weeks!! - maybe when we retire!!

Offline Mikee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2010, 04:05:19 PM »
Mikee,

I dont obviously know your personal tastes, but my wife and I love this resort.  We adore Greece and have been to a lot of the islands including the mainland and San Stef is way up there as one of our favourites.  The food choice and quality is second to none.  The resort itself is pretty relaxing and very friendly.  We love long walks and we found the area to be excellent with some stunning views.  To conclude and re-enforce the point, my wife will not stay ANYWHERE for longer than one week or perhaps ten days maximum, it was her idea to book again this year for TWO WEEKS.

Rod.

Been to Greece and her islands many many times Rod .. Parga and Skiathos being my favourites

Have actually been to Corfu about 18 years ago - Ipsos (from what I rem) .. but I think SS is gonna be heaps better though  8)

YANNIS26

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2010, 05:52:16 PM »
Hi Mikee
When we meet you can tell me all about Parga.I will be there in early October to celebrate my wifes birthday.We will be staying at the Valtos Beach Hotel.
Till we meet
Yannis

Offline Mikee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2010, 07:18:50 PM »
Certainly can Yannis ... been there 4 times now, BEWARE the mozzies in October tho'  :o

Its getting more and more touristy as people discover it AND expensive (but still a great place)  IMO

Valtos Beach is a nice resort, just along from Parga town which is about a 20 min walk
over a steep hill (Amazing views all across to Corfu) or there are water taxis that go between the 2

Mikee

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2010, 03:38:00 AM »
Parga sounds good !!

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2010, 07:05:44 PM »
Mikee,

Skiathos is one of my favourite places also.  The prices got a little silly what with the Abba mania going on and the locals taking advantage.  They may have shot themselves in the foot though as I'm led to believe that the tourists numbers are dwindling somewhat.  We are by no means "cheap skates" by the way, just dont like being "ripped off".  Which brings me back to San Stef, which I feel is great value and more friendly with it being smaller.  I have not visited Parga, do you recommend it?

Rod

Offline Mikee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2010, 10:09:16 PM »
Mikee,

Skiathos is one of my favourite places also.  The prices got a little silly what with the Abba mania going on and the locals taking advantage.  They may have shot themselves in the foot though as I'm led to believe that the tourists numbers are dwindling somewhat.  We are by no means "cheap skates" by the way, just dont like being "ripped off".  Which brings me back to San Stef, which I feel is great value and more friendly with it being smaller.  I have not visited Parga, do you recommend it?

Rod

Yes Parga is one of those places people return to time and time again (bit like SS I guess) !

I went to Kefalonia the year after Captain Corelli was released and they did the same ripping people off big time, so never went back

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2010, 03:48:18 AM »
The good thing with San Stef is it shouldn't go that way!!

Offline Mikee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »
Yannis et al - it's BOOKED (a week later than planned) 25th JUNE - 9th JULY @ Romanza £920 all in  ;D

Will see you there the 2nd week of your hols then Yannis ... boy you guys better have painted the right
picture of this pardise bit of Corfu that is San Stefano  ;)  :P

Just looked again (not sure why tbh - just being nosey really) but after it dropping to £860 just after I booked a month ago the same holiday NOW over £1400  :o Thats with Portland, with Tomo it's probably even more expensive

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni