Author Topic: Thomas Cook (shocking)  (Read 48965 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Cook (shocking)
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 03:45:54 AM »
Belgianram, I was not putting down the Mythos Apt's, I have seen from previous reports that it is of a good standard, and made visitors happy to be there.
I simply meant that the Vicky Apt's are of a very high standard of build quality and fittings.
Check out the website pictures there.
I still don't like the long walk from there to the beach each day, so it wouldn't suit me.

It seems the Mythos may be a "Dodgy" booking this season, who knows??, so if not sure  - plenty of alternatives to book if not happy with the risk - I wouldn't be!.
Check out the Vicky - why not!
Also loads of Apt's with Thomson's or San Stefanos Travel, or go independently - we have many times with no problems, and the locals appreciate the business.
San Stefanos is too good a resort to be put off by one problem with one Apt!
Cast around and do the best deal - after all - you only sleep and shower in a room on Holiday!!
Give it some thought, as lots of really nice places to stay!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline sooz

• SanStef Regular
  • X
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 08:47:06 PM »
Well, I for one, have decided not to continually worry about something that might not happen.  I'm due to pay the balance for the Mythos this week so maybe I will find something out after this has been done.  At least forewarned is forearmed.  And if the worst does happen, with the exception of two resorts, I will consider anywhere on the island. 

The main thing is getting to Corfu!  Two years ago we discovered the Tzevenos apartments in St George South only because we could not book our favorite in Roda and never regretted the change!

Sue
CORFU - I CAME, I SAW - IT CONQUERED!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2010, 09:16:27 PM »
Sue
I hope it goes well - perhaps you could update us all here once you find out, so we can gauge what is happening!
It would be nice if the Mythos is operating as normal!
Thanks
Tony

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM »
My husband and I are in a real dilema now because we have booked the Mythos for July and because the kids are joining us for week 2 we must be in San Steph (we dont want to go anywhere else anyway!) >:(

We are tempted to dump our deposit book Easyjet and make our own way, I have already contacted the Fedra Mare, Vicky and Kapetanios.

This really is the last time we book a package to San Steph, the combination of Easyjet and direct booking means packages just are not worth it!

Gilly

Offline sooz

• SanStef Regular
  • X
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2010, 11:39:23 PM »
Shouldn't we be keeping things in perspective here?  So far, Rod is the only one (we know of) who has been moved elsewhere!  No matter whether you book via TOs or independently you are still at the mercy of others, i.e. TOs or airlines, or come to that, air traffic controllers!!! ::

Sue

don

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2010, 11:45:55 PM »
My husband and I are in a real dilema now because we have booked the Mythos for July and because the kids are joining us for week 2 we must be in San Steph (we dont want to go anywhere else anyway!) >:(

We are tempted to dump our deposit book Easyjet and make our own way, I have already contacted the Fedra Mare, Vicky and Kapetanios.

This really is the last time we book a package to San Steph, the combination of Easyjet and direct booking means packages just are not worth it!

Gilly

Gilly..... I told you last year!   Easyjet get good flying weather too........... Maybe!!!

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2010, 01:16:48 AM »

Not sure about the flying weather Don ;), but we were impressed last year with Easyjet so thats the way from now on.

You can also book Easyjet from Saturday to Monday so thats 16 nights in San Steph instead of 14!

I have emailed Thomas Cook for an assurance on the Mythos but not holding my breath.

If you get a knock on your door on June 28th it will be us with our bags!! :)

Gilly

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2010, 04:45:52 AM »
We did the Easyjet thing last year - best flight yet! Booked independently with San Stef Travel that time,
but have booked direct with many Apartments over the years - we just look for a good deal.
If the flights cheap, go independently - if it's not packages may be better value!
But - Thomson's packages have always been very good - if the price is right!
Thomas Cook has a small footprint in San Stefanos, so is more prone to over-booking etc.
or if it has lost the Mythos, it will have limited alternatives.

No one should panic yet - best to wait and see for a bit, before spending more money!

If you paid & T/Cook put you elsewhere in Corfu and you can't get a refund, (you should),
you can always just do a transfer to S S and book an Apt, just use the flight you already paid for.
Secondly - - knock on Don's door for a free stay - - LOL

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 04:49:10 AM by tonyco1 »

Offline madge

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2010, 05:50:35 PM »
I replied earlier regarding our booking to Mythos on 25th June, but up until now, and we have paid our balance, we have not heard anything from Thomas Cook regarding a cancellation, and we are just a week behind Rod.  Hopefully everything will be ok, but it does make you a bit apprehensive as to what will happen.  I also did a bit of checking to see what was available in SS for our dates, very little, and as we fly from Newcastle the flight only is nearly as much as we paid for the holiday in the first place.  We also for years and years did our own thing, booked flight and accommodation separately but when we priced everything up last September when we booked, we could not get anything near the price of the package from TC, that's why we booked with them. Also because the Mythos looked lovely and a very small complex which is what appealed.  Will let you know if we hear anything and think will give TC a call.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2010, 08:04:52 PM »
Thanks Madge, again, when you get some info, please post it as lots of interested parties waiting to find out what's happening!

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2010, 12:30:37 AM »
Well we have looked at alternatives and it doesnt look good, a flight from East Midlands would cost £425 and stopping at the Perros (for example) would cost £725 making a total of £1,150, add to that the £200 lost deposit and it comes to £1,350! O.K. that includes transfers but thats a lot of money.

So I think we will have to wait and hope for the best, if Thomas Cook pull a fast one at least we should get some money back even if we use the flight.

BTW The Vicky & Kapetanios are both full, I think San Steph is going to be much busier this year.

Andy

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2010, 01:30:04 AM »
Andy & Gilly
It's time to wring an answer from T/Cook - have they confirmed anything with you yet?
I remember that they don't answer the phone as well when you phone customer services.

Offline madge

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2010, 03:54:32 PM »
Hi All - managed to speak to customer services yesterday at TC - long wait on phone for someone to answer but they informed me that there was nothing on their system regarding my booking that should affect my holiday, so can only go off that.  It looks at the moment that it is only Rod who has had the problem, at least only from those who read this forum.  If I hear anything to the contrary will let you all know.  Hopefully all our holidays to the Mythos will be ok!!  Think we should maybe stop worrying and wondering and look forward to our well earned rests, what will be will be and all that!!  Cheers to all Madge x

Offline sooz

• SanStef Regular
  • X
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2010, 10:19:01 PM »
Thanks, Madge you have confirmed what I have been thinking.  We will be paying the balance of or holiday tomorrow.  So once that's been done I will relax and look forward to Corfu and hope for the best concerning the Mythos!

Sue

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2010, 03:33:17 AM »
Sooz
If it was me I would do it by phone and ask the question, best to be re-assured!
Let us all know - but seems to be looking good!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni